• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uniblue Powersuite 2015 (Version 4.4.0.0.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The Uniblue products state that they are a Microsoft Approved company and recently I have noticed that the Norton 360 rating on this company changed from its normal green "safe" rating to that of a red "unsafe" rating.

Can any of our usual computer experts on this website who usually have their fingers on the pulse of the computer industry shed any light on this sudden change by Norton (Symantec)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
You are best asking Norton really Paul, its probably a change in the way they scan you on a recent update that has affected it or an update in Powersuite which they havent told Norton about.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can any of our usual computer experts on this website who usually have their fingers on the pulse of the computer industry shed any light on this sudden change by Norton (Symantec)?
I'm not sure if I count as a "computer expert" or not, but I've not previously heard of Uniblue, and after having a quick look I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in using such a program.

I would agree that asking Norton for more information regarding their change would be useful.

Clip

Established Member
Yeah Ive just had a look at what the hell it is and why have you got it? as it basically does the same as what Norton can do so you are going to have problems there for sure as they are both competing for access to files at the same time.

I think your pc guy is just selling you stuff you have no need for,sorry. Theres plenty of free safe progs out there which Ive told you before which do the same job. Stop spending money

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Yeah Ive just had a look at what the hell it is and why have you got it? as it basically does the same as what Norton can do so you are going to have problems there for sure as they are both competing for access to files at the same time.

I think your pc guy is just selling you stuff you have no need for,sorry. Theres plenty of free safe progs out there which Ive told you before which do the same job. Stop spending money

I do listen to all things you say computer-wise and as a result of heeding your past advice, I use both Malwarebytes and CCleaner thanks to your kind advice in the past on this website.

With regard to what you say about the new Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion 27-n050na All-in-One desktop "supercomputer" bought as a present for me by my sons who they then asked my computer engineer to install all the programs upon, I shall now certainly ask him why both Norton 360 and Powersuite Pro 2015 were installed by him, not being personally involved at that first stage.

mbonwick

Established Member
The change will probably because of bundled crapware. I've never used Powersuite, but its website to me just screams "crapware".

I'd imagine that they've changed their inclusion deal to something Norton doesn't like (and you can bet that Norton will err on the side of caution)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I am on automatic renewal for the Norton 360 product, but with regards to the Powersuite Pro 2015, what appears to have been installed was something that was out of time as far back as January 2015, yet had received an upgrade from 4.3.0.0. to 4.4.0.0, despite by the time the installation was made by my computer engineer.

A check on all my bank statements in 2015 show no money being transmitted from any of my accounts to the Uniblue Powersuite company, which appears to be a company called Cleverbridge AG, based in Cologne, who use Deutsche Bank as their bankers.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
UPDATE

My computer engineer has now been to see us and was rather sheepish when he saw the offending Powersuite Pro 2015 that was installed by his company when they put all the new software on this new HP Pavilion machine which he then caused to be uninstalled in its entirety.

This is the same company that serviced all our computers at the consultancy when I retired and they still have the contract there. No charge was made and everything was looked at by him before he left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.