• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uniform advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

atochopefull

Does anyone have any advice for ordering uniform? The size chart sent from WMT doesn’t make much sense. Do sizes generally come up larger or smaller? They advise simply that the sizes differ from the High Street. Obviously want to get it right the first time, without ordering/returning etc until I get it right! Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGoldfish

Does anyone have any advice for ordering uniform? The size chart sent from WMT doesn’t make much sense. Do sizes generally come up larger or smaller? They advise simply that the sizes differ from the High Street. Obviously want to get it right the first time, without ordering/returning etc until I get it right! Thanks
I found uniform massively inconsistent .. I ordered Large on all items ... the polos fit perfect, the jumpers wouldnt fit a Pygmy .... and the coat would look too big on King Kong... Lol... trial and error unless you can try on first ... but only took a week for replacements and they’re ok with you wearing smart clothes to start with until it’s sorted ... guess they expect it lol.

atochopefull

I found uniform massively inconsistent .. I ordered Large on all items ... the polos fit perfect, the jumpers wouldnt fit a Pygmy .... and the coat would look too big on King Kong... Lol... trial and error unless you can try on first ... but only took a week for replacements and they’re ok with you wearing smart clothes to start with until it’s sorted ... guess they expect it lol.
Was that with WMT? I wonder why things differ so much? It must drive them nuts? The uniform department should produce a practical guide to safe all the too-ing and fro-ing.

trundlewagon

I've assumed, based on previous experience of work uniform, that the sizes will come up a bit bigger than expected.

(Also based on previous experience, I'm only expecting half of it to turn up and some of that to be the wrong size)

I'm hoping it's easy enough to swap for the correct size if stuff doesn't fit though, especially given the fact we've not been able to go for a fitting.

Coach Carter

Was that with WMT? I wonder why things differ so much? It must drive them nuts? The uniform department should produce a practical guide to safe all the too-ing and fro-ing.
To be fair until Covid you used to get called in for a uniform fitting before you started so we a bit more straightforward. But even then most of us had stuff missing from the uniform that you could be waiting a month or more to get hold of. As someone said above they are happy for you to wear smart cloths at the academy while waiting on uniform.
All the best bud and enjoy

atochopefull

To be fair until Covid you used to get called in for a uniform fitting before you started so we a bit more straightforward. But even then most of us had stuff missing from the uniform that you could be waiting a month or more to get hold of. As someone said above they are happy for you to wear smart cloths at the academy while waiting on uniform.
All the best bud and enjoy
Ahh thanks :D

I've assumed, based on previous experience of work uniform, that the sizes will come up a bit bigger than expected.

(Also based on previous experience, I'm only expecting half of it to turn up and some of that to be the wrong size)

I'm hoping it's easy enough to swap for the correct size if stuff doesn't fit though, especially given the fact we've not been able to go for a fitting.
Ok thanks. I know police uniform sizes were from a different planet!

Gloster

Established Member
Things don’t seem to have changed much since the early 1980s when I received a pair of signalman’s trousers with legs of different lengths; they were both too short so they couldn’t even be let down. In those days it usually didn’t matter so much as most uniforms were pretty shapeless anyway (or maybe it was the wearer).

skyhigh

Established Member
Any idea who the supplier is? Ours is HR Denne and it's a case of...
Shirts are massive
Trousers are pretty good but long is very long
Outer coats are big so order a smaller size
Jumpers small so order bigger
(I have a small coat and a large jumper...)

TheGoldfish

No but I reckon all the suppliers are probably same... as someone else also eluded to .. just cos u ordered L some of may end up M or XL ... I got 34in trousers with an XS belt and another guy got half his polos in one size and the rest in another ... seems they just make up the orders with whatever theyve got lol...

atochopefull

Any idea who the supplier is? Ours is HR Denne and it's a case of...
Shirts are massive
Trousers are pretty good but long is very long
Outer coats are big so order a smaller size
Jumpers small so order bigger
(I have a small coat and a large jumper...)
Yes, it is Denne. Looks like it won’t be straightforward :s

Status
Not open for further replies.