• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Union announces 6 strike dates for EMT drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymonster

Established Member
EMT's communications on this have been absolutely atrocious

I'm travelling Nottngham to London this afternoon

1. Their website says that Advance tickets can be used on other TOC services but their Twitter feed is now saying I must travel on EMT (even though the trains will be infrequent and overcrowded and there's no seat reservations - it'd be far easier for me to use EC but despite what the website says they now say no

2. Their website says passengers should (should, not must) travel as close to booked time as possible. The revised timetable oils get me to London too late if I do that so I was going t go earlier, but now their Twitter feed says that I MUST travel on the closest train even if that gets me to London too late

There's a big difference between "should... where possible" and "must", and between "can use other TOCs" (with no other conditions attached) and "can't use other TOCs to London", but EMT seem quite happy to just change the rules and pull the rug from under their passengers feet with no notice.

F**k them... I'm going to travel somewhat earlier than booked (i.e. not the closest train) to make sure I get to London in time, and if any of their train managers have a problem with that I'll be refusing to buy another ticket and I'll let them take it all the way to court.

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WillPS

Established Member
F**k them... I'm going to travel somewhat earlier than booked (i.e. not the closest train) to make sure I get to London in time, and if any of their train managers have a problem with that I'll be refusing to buy another ticket and I'll let them take it all the way to court.

You have my sword.

Flywaver

Everytime BBC LookEast show a clip on this strike they show a man smoking on Brandon Platform...

notoemt

Is there going to be more striking after next week?

I see someone at EMT had a brainwave first thing this morning put on 9 carriages and one less first class than usual. Not sure if it alleviated the Wellingborough/Bedford standing.

shedman

Good luck to them. I can't see it being resolved though but that is just my opinion

Nym

Established Member
And you have my bow!

And my AXE! (Sorry! I can't even remember what that's from...)

Causes some fun problems in Manchester anyway with now only having two fast services to Liverpool Lime Street both departing roughly the same time off Piccadilly xx:01 and xx:07 and then the one off Victoria, looks like it's some fun on the platforms there :D

east_coast

Four of us are due to travel on the 1157 from norwich to peterbro then have connections for edinburgh on tuesday. i am aware greater anglia will take EMT passengers we are now planning to catch the 1140 to cambridge changing at ely.

If the 1140 is rammed:( will greater anglia allow travel via Ipswich to get to peterbro. The tickets we hold are EMT advance tickets, with off peak returns from peterbro to edinburgh.

thanks

Failed Unit

Established Member
I see the next strikes are planned on the 23rd June and 25th June.

I have tickets for the 23rd, Edinburgh - Market Rasen which are APs booked on 1400 ex Edinburgh. As this is an EMT issue do you thing East Coast will let me travel on the 1600 so I can at least get to Lincoln? On past strike there was no replacement bus for Market Rasen just acceptance on the number 3 bus. If I use the booked tickets the last bus will have left Lincoln.

Will also check with east coast if they are prepared to relax restrictions because of the strike cause problems with connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.