• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unit Database Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtrainspots

So recently I have interested myself in the idea of documenting units and their numbers on lets say, a communal "wiki-style website", however as I was doing so, the website https://units-library.weebly.com/ has interested me, as it is pretty much everything I wanted. If anyone knows how to contact the apparent owner of this website (Who I believe to be Nathan Williamson judging by the copyright on the photos) then I would be grateful as I would love to contribute to some sort of train database.

Any help appreciated,
- Tom :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Imho, that's ridiculous. If anything, adding to a bank of knowledge voluntarily should be rewarding for the logger, not the hosts.
From trainlogger:
trainlogger is free to use, but you can upgrade your account at any time for a small yearly payment and gain access to extra features including operator lists & photo uploads.

How else do you expect the site developers to pay for the upkeep of the site? Web hosting costs money, and uploading images will use a fair amount of bandwidth. I don't know if Trainlogger and its sister websites are run on a purely voluntary basis or not, but have you considered that someone might actually be trying to make a living by providing these services?

Status
Not open for further replies.