• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

United Coaches, Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • PM1074566/1 Cancelled
    UNITED COACHES LTD

Route: Newarthill, High Street to Newarthill, High Street via Carfin, Motherwell

Service number: 1

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 20 Apr 2020

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aidan1

Cowboys isn’t the word, missing out runs, running intentionally late/early to sneak in front of the 254, missing sections of the route out and my pet hate blocking off the stop at Motherwell Station. Don’t hope to see a new registration and with that their presence in Newarthill and Motherwell gone

smtglasgow

First/KCB have had competition on that run almost all my life (think there was a wee gap after Coakley pulled out). I’m guessing someone else will have a go. And yes, United are shameless in their behaviour.

overthewater

Established Member
I doubt it very much, Are any of these services running right now? or is it SPT routes?

NorthClyde320

The SPT routes are all still running, apart from the MyBus and MyBusRural which are suspended, Ace Mini Coaches have suspended there 47 service and JMB are running a reduced service, that's all I know atm.

Observer

AFAIK there has been no changes and they are still operating to there normal timetables e.g Mon-Fri, Sat & Sun.
Wouldn't be surprised if they stop running the 1 since there's only a few weeks left of it before it was supposed to get cancelled, just focus on the Coatbridge services.

lastbus

Wouldn't be surprised if they stop running the 1 since there's only a few weeks left of it before it was supposed to get cancelled, just focus on the Coatbridge services.
They are now only running 1 bus on the 1 service from what I’ve seen.

NorthClyde320

With the 1 not looking like being replaced it will mean United will be down to what they originally started with, 5 discs, could they expand further in the Monklands, Caldercruix, Petersburn or a Kirkwood scheme bus being the only likely places I can think off? That's if they survive this current crisis we are in.

AlexanderPS

With the 1 not looking like being replaced it will mean United will be down to what they originally started with, 5 discs, could they expand further in the Monklands, Caldercruix, Petersburn or a Kirkwood scheme bus being the only likely places I can think off? That's if they survive this current crisis we are in.

Would be surprised if the 115 Kirkwood Scheme would return. Again, Caldercuix may not be an option as they get on well with McNairn, McNairn have painted buses in the past for them. Petersburn may be likely as Stepend started a route (the 1) used the ex London (X-OKH) Darts that eventually made it to JMB when Stepend ceased.

PaulMc7

Established Member
If any of the small companies make it through this current situation then fair play to them. Petersburn would then have them Competing with the 201 of First depending on the route they decided to go with. Will be interesting to see what happens though and I'm sure how long this situation goes on for will massively impact any plans too

Status
Not open for further replies.