• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

United Coaches, Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderPS

Not a lot demolished in these areas. Think it's a case the people have changed more than anything else. As said previously the Airdrie to Glasgow bus was worse as the rail links got better. It will most likely be concession card holders that use it mostly. Unsure why McGills wasted their time tbh.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
Not a lot demolished in these areas. Think it's a case the people have changed more than anything else. As said previously the Airdrie to Glasgow bus was worse as the rail links got better. It will most likely be concession card holders that use it mostly. Unsure why McGills wasted their time tbh.

There's a train into Glasgow about every 10mins so that takes out a lot of people. I think Mcgills thought they could buck the trend of downward passenger numbers but all of the cutting back from the beginning has probably turned a lot of people away. Understandable though because it would hard to trust an operator that continually cuts away at your services

Observer

Just trying to work this out?

These extra services will need 10 disks, unless the 16 is only every 30mins? which will be a big cut to Kirkwood.
They could always just cut the 1 which is a fresh air express. Think it was expected they were filling the gap, although there is still one service left to be filled.

NorthClyde320

Didnt' know about the change to the 213 till I was waiting for it a few weeks back in town lol. I guess United could extend the Bargeddie bus to Baillieston but difficult for timings.

I think I will put a lottery on lol. The 2 & 13 currently interwork so I wonder if that will end, with a reduced frequency on the 13 perhaps to 40/45 mins which wouldn't require an extra bus?

If the 16 does operate on a 20 min freq with 1 bus good luck with timekeeping on it, the traffic is horrendous any time I have been to Coatbridge.

Last edited:

Gla1

Anyone any idea where I can get the new 13 timetable to include baillieston?

Observer

• PM1074566/7 Registered (Short notice)
    UNITED COACHES LTD

Route: Baillieston, South Scott Street to Coatbridge, South Circular Road via Bargeddie, Dykehead Road

Service number: 13 ()

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 18 Aug 2019

• PM1074566/6 Registered (Short notice)
    UNITED COACHES LTD

Route: Coatbridge, South Circular Road to Coatbridge, South Circular Road via Kirkwood

Service number: 16 ()

Effective date: 11 Sep 2019

• PM1074566/4 Cancelled (Short notice)
    UNITED COACHES LTD

Route: Bargeddie, Dykehead Road to Bargeddie, Dykehead Road via Coatbridge

Service number: 13 ()

Effective date: 18 Aug 2019

overthewater

Established Member
If the 13 is hourly Kirkwood will keep its 15min service, if its Every 30mins then sorry kirkwood its 2 buses per hour for you.

NorthClyde320

The Townhead service could have been extended to Kirkwood and revised to every 15 mins (which would still be adequate) and would only have required 1 extra bus, leaving 1 disc spare for whatever else is planned. But for all we know United may have applied for an increase.

It's hard to think that prior to April 2016 Caldercruix had 8 buses p/h (it now has 2) & Kirkwood had 10 buses p/h (it could now have potentially 2,3 or 4), god knows where or when it will all end.

PaulMc7

Established Member
The Townhead service could have been extended to Kirkwood and revised to every 15 mins (which would still be adequate) and would only have required 1 extra bus, leaving 1 disc spare for whatever else is planned. But for all we know United may have applied for an increase.

It's hard to think that prior to April 2016 Caldercruix had 8 buses p/h (it now has 2) & Kirkwood had 10 buses p/h (it could now have potentially 2,3 or 4), god knows where or when it will all end.

I think there's a number of factors tbh. First and Mcgills certainly don't help themselves but there's been a great deal of upgrades along the train lines too so far tougher to dominate than before plus the smaller companies seem to love the area as a way of getting a foot into the market

lastbus

I wouldn’t think you could even fit ten buses in that yard of theirs

NorthClyde320

I think there's a number of factors tbh. First and Mcgills certainly don't help themselves but there's been a great deal of upgrades along the train lines too so far tougher to dominate than before plus the smaller companies seem to love the area as a way of getting a foot into the market

I hope the Monklands doesn't end up the way it used to be with operators fighting over certain routes, at least it is stable at the moment, but they could look at United and think "I was a share of that".

I wouldn’t think you could even fit ten buses in that yard of theirs

I was wondering that myself if their operating centre was big enough to hold the extra vehicles they are going to need as it doesn't look very big from looking on Google Maps. Didn't they have a condition placed on their license that only permited forward motion at their operating centre? That must have been interesting.

lastbus

I hope the Monklands doesn't end up the way it used to be with operators fighting over certain routes, at least it is stable at the moment, but they could look at United and think "I was a share of that".

I was wondering that myself if their operating centre was big enough to hold the extra vehicles they are going to need as it doesn't look very big from looking on Google Maps. Didn't they have a condition placed on their license that only permited forward motion at their operating centre? That must have been interesting.
Yes but it doesn’t happen they are still reversing in.

Gla1

The 13 service to baillieston will be hourly and take a circular route round baillieston along the Main Street, down south Scott street and back up muirhead road, passing the back of Morrison’s and round and down to Coatbridge. Not too sure how this will work out for them at such a low frequency.

Observer

Yes but it doesn’t happen they are still reversing in.
That condition applied just wasn't going to work for such a large number. Not defending them, the TC clearly tried to encourage them to move to a better operating centre.

lastbus

That condition applied just wasn't going to work for such a large number. Not defending them, the TC clearly tried to encourage them to move to a better operating centre.
I think so but that is not happening and they are going against the traffic commissioners conditions so are playing with fire essentially

overthewater

Established Member
Have there moved ? bus times website says the following:

9 Bairds Crescent
Hamilton
ML3 9FD

NorthClyde320

Does anyone know if the registration for United's service 2 has changed recently? When I visited Coatbridge the other day the same bus was being used on this service but the most recent timetable I can find says that the bus arrives 3 mins after the previous bus departs. I know previously the 2 & 13 were interworked.

Observer

If they interworked then something must have gone wrong that day when you saw it as the 2 is supposed to be every 30 minutes and so is the 13.

NorthClyde320

So we are now 2/3 days away from the changes to the First 2 & United 13 and still nothing on traveline or the SPT websites regarding replacements or new timetables, I know of a few people who commute from Baillieston to Coatbridge & Airdrie for work who have arranged to share taxis and been offered lifts for next week because they can't rely on the bus anymore and their First monthly tickets are obv no use anymore and they wonder why bus use is declining.
Traveline don't know because it's not on their computers and United never answer the phone.

So we are now 2/3 days away from the changes to the First 2 & United 13 and still nothing on traveline or the SPT websites regarding replacements or new timetables, I know of a few people who commute from Baillieston to Coatbridge & Airdrie for work who have arranged to share taxis and been offered lifts for next week because they can't rely on the bus anymore and their First monthly tickets are obv no use anymore and they wonder why bus use is declining.
Traveline don't know because it's not on their computers and United never answer the phone.

It won’t be on spt website as it’s not being subsided by spt

JeanetteS

Due to the recent expansion of this company I thought I would begin a separate thread to stop the McGill's thread going off topic.

To recap recent registrations are:

2 Coatbridge to Kirkshaws
13 Coatbridge to Bargeddie.

Also recent additions to the fleet are Optare Solos CX55AUU (https://flic.kr/p/2epa6nv) and GX55LNF.
I am looking for a timetable for United Coaches new service to replace First Bus 2.Not getting anywhere. Traveling couldn't help. Nor did Internet search. Numbers for the company unavailable. Use the 2 service to get to work in Glasgow from Coatbridge. Rail fares are extortionate but looks like I will have little choice.

lastbus

I am looking for a timetable for United Coaches new service to replace First Bus 2.Not getting anywhere. Traveling couldn't help. Nor did Internet search. Numbers for the company unavailable. Use the 2 service to get to work in Glasgow from Coatbridge. Rail fares are extortionate but looks like I will have little choice.
http://www.spt.co.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/service-212-180819.pdf

Not united service but this service will be running between Airdrie and baillieston in place of Firsts 2 service.

Status
Not open for further replies.