• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

United Coaches, Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lastbus

Thats early morning evenings and sundays only united will still be running the monday to saturday daytime service
I’m aware of that I was just providing some form of timetable and as I said in my post it was not uniteds timetable. No one seems to have theirs.

NorthClyde320

The 2 was a good and popular link for Parkhead Forge, i'm surprised First couldn't have run at least an hourly service between Airdrie & Parkhead, i'm sure I remember a number of years back they had a 35 service that ran hourly from Bargeddie scheme to Parkhead 7 days a week. Wonder if there will be renewed calls for a station to be built at Parkhead which has been rumoured for years?

PaulMc7

Established Member
The 2 was a good and popular link for Parkhead Forge, i'm surprised First couldn't have run at least an hourly service between Airdrie & Parkhead, i'm sure I remember a number of years back they had a 35 service that ran hourly from Bargeddie scheme to Parkhead 7 days a week. Wonder if there will be renewed calls for a station to be built at Parkhead which has been rumoured for years?

I've been on the 2 from Airdrie/Coatbridge about 10/11 times and I can fully understand it being cut. There is definitely a gap for a train station there but it would be on the wrong line for people who don't stay in Coatbridge and Airdrie who want to go there. Carmyle is still the closest on the other line

NorthClyde320

I've been on the 2 from Airdrie/Coatbridge about 10/11 times and I can fully understand it being cut. There is definitely a gap for a train station there but it would be on the wrong line for people who don't stay in Coatbridge and Airdrie who want to go there. Carmyle is still the closest on the other line

I fully understand why First cut the service it's just the inconvenience it causes now that it's happened, the same applies to every route which gets cut or changed. I recall a number of years ago they were talking about sites at either sides of the iron bridge at the Duke Street junction as possible station locations, it was when football traffic on matchdays was being talked about to take some of it away from Bridgeton and Dalmarnock stations.

overthewater

Established Member
Of course this service was one of the route First HAD to operate no matter what, IE it was controlled route linked to Scotrail. I'm surprised its take this long to kill off, Also who wants to go to the forge when you have the Fort?

Stef434

Of course this service was one of the route First HAD to operate no matter what, IE it was controlled route linked to Scotrail. I'm surprised its take this long to kill off, Also who wants to go to the forge when you have the Fort?
Agreed scotrail compliance suppressed what FiG could do.( personally Id blame FG for handcuffing OpCos) if footfall is dwindling why run a service which is deemed more or less dead milage as your picking up no one..the Fort or the Forge welllll

AlexanderPS

The forts also difficult to get to by bus from Airdrie/Coatbridge.

Stef434

The forts also difficult to get to by bus from Airdrie/Coatbridge.

Be even harder now there ,,,will be no tears spilled within the nertwork strategy group at FiG I don't mean to be brutal but Costings will/are being reviewed

PaulMc7

Established Member

To be fair, the forge is still very busy a lot of the time. I was in Paisley and Silverburn today and it was scary the difference in how busy it was between the 2 were. Paisley was like a ghost town and you could barely move in Silverburn

overthewater

Established Member
HOW on earth does united expect any passengers? I bet most of the user from No2 dont believe theres a replacement.

Observer

Traveline need to take some blame for not putting the timetable up quicker. Not just the company, who if they don't want to have a working phone line or spread the word, who are we to tell them? They do what they want to do like any other company.

CM

Traveline need to take some blame for not putting the timetable up quicker. Not just the company, who if they don't want to have a working phone line or spread the word, who are we to tell them? They do what they want to do like any other company.

Traveline can only put up timetables supplied to them by the operator, if the operator doesn't supply them with a timetable then how can they put it on their site?

lastbus

Their yard is locked up most of the day so no surprise that they don't answer the phone.

The correspondence address in Hamilton is the supposed owners house I believe.

I say supposed owner as we all know who the real one is.

NorthClyde320

I thought it was the traffic commissioners office who supplied the information to traveline as they hold all the registration documents but I am probably mistaken?

I'm also a tad confused. When services 2 & 13 were registered to start in Feb the 2 was timed to depart C'bridge at 12 & 42, arriving back at 45 & 15 with the 13 departing at 45 & 15, arriving back at 12 & 42, req 2 buses. With the changes to the 13 & it now believed to be hourly how does the 2 work? Does it layover at C'bridge for 27 mins using 2 buses or like I saw a couple of weeks back, use 1 bus leaving between 15-17 & 45-47 mpth? I'm sure the driver was also the guy who owned the former Stepend company.

AlexanderPS

Didn't realise the 13 was going through Kirkwood as well.

The 16 timetable is also up. Every 20 mins.

overthewater

Established Member
I thought it was the traffic commissioners office who supplied the information to traveline as they hold all the registration documents but I am probably mistaken?

I'm also a tad confused. When services 2 & 13 were registered to start in Feb the 2 was timed to depart C'bridge at 12 & 42, arriving back at 45 & 15 with the 13 departing at 45 & 15, arriving back at 12 & 42, req 2 buses. With the changes to the 13 & it now believed to be hourly how does the 2 work? Does it layover at C'bridge for 27 mins using 2 buses or like I saw a couple of weeks back, use 1 bus leaving between 15-17 & 45-47 mpth? I'm sure the driver was also the guy who owned the former Stepend company.

It looks like there is a spare bus which might also interwork with other services. Either way its up to nine. including 2 for the 2.

Last edited:
Service 13 is being cancelled

Bus registration details
  • Registration number
    PM1074566/7
  • Licence Number
    PM1074566
  • Variation number
  • Status
    Cancelled
  • Service number.
  • Service type
    Normal Stopping
  • Start point
    Baillieston, South Scott Street
  • Finish point
    Coatbridge, South Circular Road
  • Via
    Bargeddie, Dykehead Road
  • Date received
    17 Sep 2019
  • Effective date
    19 Nov 2019
  • End date
  • Supported by subsidies?
    No
  • Local authorities covered by route
    Strathclyde Partnership for Transport
  • TAOs covered by route
    Scotland
Registration history
PM1074566/7 1 Cancelled Manual 17 Sep 2019 19 Nov 2019
PM1074566/7 0 Registered Manual 01 Aug 2019 18 Aug 2019

AlexanderPS

Are we to assume the original 13 will return?

Always thought that as the 13 covered Kirkwood why not run the 13 half hourly instead of starting the 16?

Observer

That didn't last long now did it? Only tried it for a few weeks before giving notice to pull the plug when services take a few months to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.