• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

University Project Proposal. Any thoughts welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdowns1

Hello I am a final year Fashion Promotion Student. This is my proposal for my final campaign. Please let me know your thoughts!
Thanks
Katie

Liberty British Train Experience

“Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emmerson

This is a proposal for Luxury Department Store, Liberty London, to create a British train travel holiday.

Liberty will buy/refurbish a steam train, that will travel around various locations in the UK. Essentially a moving hotel, passengers will have accommodation on board the carriages.
The target customer will be late 30s to 40s and aimed at couples mostly of the middle to upper class. The pricing will be high, as it is luxury travel and it’s main competitor will be the Orient Express.

The experience will last for 4 days and will along the way, stop off at various places where the passengers would then get a true feel for the area:
E.g. Milking a cow and the milk will then be used later by the chef to make the cream for their dessert.

The inspiration from this comes from the emerging trend of ‘The evolution of Slow’, where people would rather wait a longer time to get something of a higher quality and to see the whole process of it being made, than to get something really fast and not be as good.

According to Mintel more people in the UK are taking domestic holidays, rather than travelling abroad. Whilst a lot of people prefer the UK as a cheaper option, many just want to experience their own country and all there is to see.

This year is a good year for Britain, with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics, it’s time to celebrate being British.
The main objective is to give the passengers a full British experience; this is everything on board from the food to the bedding and also the experiences off the train. As Liberty is a department store selling numerous British brands, other brands that are sold in store will be in conjunction with the Liberty to provide the décor and food.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Liberty will buy/refurbish a steam train, that will travel around various locations in the UK. Essentially a moving hotel, passengers will have accommodation on board the carriages.
The target customer will be late 30s to 40s and aimed at couples mostly of the middle to upper class. The pricing will be high, as it is luxury travel and it’s main competitor will be the Orient Express.

Not sure if you are aware that Orient-Express Hotels Ltd already have a British operation:
http://www.royalscotsman.com/web/rs/the_royal_scotsman.jsp

Your idea would be in competition with this well established holiday train.

Status
Not open for further replies.