• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unknowing misuse of staff nominee pass - so worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouiseSt

I don’t understand what you mean by well and truly snipped? I have been using monthly paid tickets since being made horribly aware of my error! My pass has, however, continued to work for the odd 3-4 tube journeys I’ve made in the past few months.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LouiseSt

If someone made a mistake with my address and I was prosecuted in my absence how would I ever be made aware of that please?

NeilWatson

I don’t understand what you mean by well and truly snipped? I have been using monthly paid tickets since being made horribly aware of my error! My pass has, however, continued to work for the odd 3-4 tube journeys I’ve made in the past few months.
I believe the poster simply meant that he'd cut down (or snipped) a longer post of yours to just a few words to make his point clear. Nothing to worry about!

najaB

Veteran Member
If someone made a mistake with my address and I was prosecuted in my absence how would I ever be made aware of that please?
Usually when you get a letter informing you of an unpaid fine, or when you start to see deductions from your pay.

some bloke

Established Member
Could it go straight to Court with no opportunity for me to even explain the situation
You're always free to write to the prosecutor - the company can drop a prosecution at any time. So if you get a summons, you can still try to persuade them to settle instead. It might need more than one go. The last resort would be to go to the court building early, ask staff where the prosecutor is and try to persuade them.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Once the information is with the court, it's up to the court to get the summons to you.

Not correct.
The prosecuting body will notify the Court that they want to take x number of cases on a particular date and send the Court copies of their paperwork. The Court clerk will (generally) agree with those and send them back to the prosecuting body and it is THEM that then post the Summons (issue is the legal term) to the miscreant, not the Court.

I stand corrected. Apologies for being misleading, and my thanks for the education.

philthetube

Established Member
I would just keep quiet and wait, Thee are a few things could have happened as mentioned above, it is also possible that whoever dealt with this decided to be generous with you as a rail employee and lose it, thinking that the worry of it all would certainly prevent you from doing similar again,

Status
Not open for further replies.