• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unknown EMU / Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynemorrell

042DDDEE-D031-47D8-9733-6ED1BF0DFD6E.jpeg Hi,

Can anyone help identify the type of EMU on this picture please?

Not my picture, it’s was shown recently on the BBC drama “Hard Sun”.

I thought it might be a 319 but I don’t recognise the livery. Possible it’s fake of course for the sake of the programme but wondered.

Programme is set in London but of course filming could be anywhere.

TIA

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kingsbury Jn.

View attachment 41748 Hi,

Can anyone help use identify the type of EMU on this picture please?

Not my picture, it’s was shown recently on the BBC drama “Hard Sun”.

I thought it might be a 319 but I don’t recognise the livery. Possible it’s fake of course for the sake of the programme but wondered.

Programme is set in London but of course filming could be anywhere.

TIA

It's filmed on Beck Road, between Cambridge Heath & London Fields.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5...4!1sJyv5zP4lGM9iU8H3lt7ocA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

brel york

I love train spotting on tele whether films or adverts or even pop videos
Small town boy by bronski beat features a nearly new class 210 and also a mk dmu

acned

Small town boy by bronski beat features a nearly new class 210 and also a mk dmu
Yes T.V. spotting is fun, but they don't count in your book :(:D; todays 'The Professionals' featured a trackside gun fight with cameos by a rail blue D.M.U. and a class 31! My Lords!

Established Member

Oddly enough I always enjoy the opening titles to ‘Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads’ with that DMU going over a bridge. One of the best comedy intros on TV, with meaningful lyrics.

And yes for that location can only be an Arriva Rail London class 315 on an Enfield / Cheshunt / Chingford working.

brel york

The days of me filling a book in are long behind me , working in the rail industry since 16 I’ve always had involvement with trains , my fix so to speak , there’s a 456 in the Colgate advert at the minute I remember racing been on sat afternoon telly in the 70s and I have a

sjoh

There are many crime dramas filmed in London which are, for one reason or another, nearly all filmed in an around East London. Luther was a very prominent example. I think almost all of them have shots of passing GA and LO trains.

K.o.R

I remember Casualty had an unusually high incidence of Class 33 and coaches coming a cropper.

gazr

View attachment 41848

Me too, here what I think is a class 415 EPB shown in “The Bill” circa 1990.

Definitely the old Wimbledon - West Croydon branch before trams :( Thames Studios had a location between South Wimbledon - Morden on a industrial estate and regularly filmed around the Wimbledon area, although this looks more towards Phipps Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.