• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unknown Nameplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notatrainer

I have been given a brass plate that I'm told came from engine. I cannot find any info as to what it came from and would be grateful for any help.
Brian
P1190301.JPG P1190301.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t_star2001uk

Id say more industrial plant than railway equipment. Gas exhausters were used in coking plants.

Kneedown

Established Member
Vacuum braked diesel and electric loco's were fitted with exhausters to "suck" the air out of the vacuum brake pipe, although I can't confirm if BTH supplied these, or if it came from one.

nat67

Established Member
Hellfire! Rugby. That bit of the plate does it for me :D. I do know that they did some testing back in the day from the BTH site. I'm not sure it it could be to do with the class 15?

eastdyke

Established Member
Yes this ^^^
The presence of W-D at the top of the plate indicates the tie-in with The Woodall Duckham Company who, amongst other stuff, built Coking Plants. The ratings on the plate are similar in range to those in the picture from the above link.
viz.
Im1940Ry-BTH2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.