• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unreserved Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson

Hi all,
This coming week I'm heading up from Southampton to York, returning from Filey next week. I'm planning to use East Coast from King's Cross on the outward leg, returning via First Hull Trains.

As a quick question, do either or both of these operators routinely offer an unreserved coach on their services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil6219

Back when it was still under National Express coaches G & H were usually the unreserved coaches I believe.

The good thing with EC is that they still use the paper reservation stubs so it should be easy to spot a "free" seat (unlike pendolino and voyager users who have the fairly unreliable electronic system). Of course that only works providing someone hasn't gone round moving labels :)

Phil 8-)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As a quick question, do either or both of these operators routinely offer an unreserved coach on their services?

I'm unsure about HT but I doubt you'll have much difficulty in finding a seat on their services.

On EC the IC225s have one unreserved coach which is the buffet (coach H), the HSTs I don't think have an unreserved coach but instead each coach has a number of non-reservable seating bays. Either way as indicated above EC (and HT for that matter) use paper tags so it's easy to find unreserved seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.