• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unreserved seats on Avanti

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH1971

Established Member
And their website still doesn't give you the option to change your seat even if there are other seats free, yet third party websites do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Using F and U made a lot of sense, because U only features on 11-car sets and F has a different layout between 9s and 11s, thus meaning only one layout needed entering on the seat selector (remember that?) and you could swap 9s for 11s and vice versa without knackering the reservations.

C is what it traditionally was on BR but makes less sense to me.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Using F and U made a lot of sense, because U only features on 11-car sets and F has a different layout between 9s and 11s, thus meaning only one layout needed entering on the seat selector (remember that?) and you could swap 9s for 11s and vice versa without knackering the reservations.

C is what it traditionally was on BR but makes less sense to me.

I think they should've kept Coach F unreserved. Coach C tends to fill quite quickly on the 9 car sets. Then again everywhere fills quickly on the 9 car sets.

6Gman

Established Member
Almost. In first class at least. The rear coach (K?) was unreserved - and full. I was on the brink of using the tip up seats, but found some that were only reserved from Warrington and empty. Then jumped into some seats that were reserved Euston - Warrington.

Which is what to do if you're on a busy train without a reservation. Not sure why some people seem to find this difficult.

route101

Established Member
Ive noticed it fills up by carriage.

normally it starts with Coach A/E, then Coach B, Coach D and Coach F. Coach’s D and F I’ve noticed are the least reserved

Yeah , noticed how it works on LNER and GWR but not as clear on 390s

Status
Not open for further replies.