• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusal calling pattern on 11:23 Charing X-Gravesend via Sidcup today

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
Walking past Crayford station just before 12:00 earlier today I saw the Gravesend train from Charing X arrive 3 minutes early. This was very unusual, as 3 mins before it should be at or just leaving Bexley.

I looked at Realtime trains on this link http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/W83422/2017/10/20/advanced, to find it appears to have omitted multiple stations on its journey, then only calling at Dartford and Greenhithe before its usual terminating at Gravesend. There was no notable lateness throughout the journey it seems that might justify skipping stations out of place. :s

Looking on National Rail journey planner for the same day of the week at the same time (chose Friday 27th) revealed the service calling pattern was all stations down the line as is normal in the off-peak (peak services normally do skip some stations). Does anyone know why this happened to this particular service? :s

(By the way, if someone can edit the link into a one word URL to make it look better; I tried to but doesn't seem to work) :oops:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brad465

Established Member
Makes sense now - how in advance are specific service changes planned ahead? Southeastern have said they expect more midweek next week at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.