• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual amenities at stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joke2711

Manor Road and Hoylake both have planters growing herbs ... and for which passengers are invited to pick their own when ready!

johnr57

Was at Aberdour to see No 9 and noticed a shop on the up platform though at the time failed to notice its wares in detail

Djgr

Established Member
Manor Road and Hoylake both have planters growing herbs ... and for which passengers are invited to pick their own when ready!
I believe Manor Road has a help yourself book swap library. Cultured lot in West Wirral!

Springs Branch

Established Member
Not in the UK, but at a station with a very British feel about it: Goulburn, in country New South Wales in Australia (on the line between Sydney and Melbourne & Canberra), had a blazing coal fire in the ticket office / waiting room when I passed through there a couple of years ago.

Very welcoming the fire was too, on a cool day in very early spring (it's not warm & sunny all the time in southern Australia, despite what you might think from Neighbours and Home and Away).

bnm

Established Member
Redland Station in Bristol has a furniture upholstery workshop.

MikePJ

Liss has a model railway layout and display about the former Longmoor Military Railway.

Meldreth and Shelford (both in Cambridgeshire) both have Indian restaurants - seems to be quite a common use for station buildings, judging by the numbers mentioned.

Cambridge has recently lost its postbox but Ely still has one on the platform. I presume these are fairly common at major stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.