• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual freight at Pemberton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/B33366/2020-02-08/detailed

I drove past this at about 8pm as it passed Wigan Wallgate Junction towards Kirkby. I had assumed it was the binliner service but was a bit late given the signaller at Rainford would have clocked off by that time (surely?)

However, I had a quick search on RTT and it shows this train.... but it doesn't show it moving on from Pemberton at all. Nothing showing at Pemberton for today or at the start of play on Monday.

What is this train doing at Pemberton? Where is it going?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Engineers train I would think, entered the possession at Pemberton and likely left at another location.

Mathew S

Established Member
There have been a few weekends when this has been happening. The engineering train sounds it's horn periodically, and it's audible from my house.
I'd be interest in knowing more about what's happening as well to be honest.

Llama

Established Member
There will be some relaying done through Upholland tunnel on the down line at some point, long welded rail was dropped by an engineering train in the tunnel on Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.