• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual Paddington Sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
I believe it was something to do with Railfest, that it was repainted specially for it. Whether it was meant to have been put back in FGW purple before passenger use again I do not know.

anthony263

Established Member
It was painted for railfest I believe maybe FGW just havent had the time to re-paint it back into FGW livery.

That said it would be nice to see a hst repainted back into the original livery perhaps as they get closer to getting replaced by IEP or whatever the government orders.

CC 72100

Established Member
That said it would be nice to see a hst repainted back into the original livery perhaps as they get closer to getting replaced by IEP or whatever the government orders.

[*Tries not to stray too much off topic*]

I think there is a good chance that we will see that, maybe several painted in different Intercity/ BR liveries, just like with the class 47s leading up to their retirement around 2002.

I am sure that such a momentous and important train in British railway history will not be allowed to quietly fade away without a high profile send off, or one would hope not at least!

Royston Vasey

Established Member
The following photo shows that it is between the two TFs and the power car, it will be locked OOU. Very common to see coaches placed into sets at the London end for positioning moves on the Western.

I'd expect the livery is just vinyl rather than full repaint.

Sad to see it lose its celebrity livery so soon but those uncontrasting doors probably break some regulation or other (They're not bright pink? That is SO dangerous and must be stopped!! ;))

Last edited:

talltim

Established Member
Apparently it is mainly vinyl, with the fiddly bits painted

Status
Not open for further replies.