• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upcoming diversions in London Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainTube

Hello all, just wondering whether there was any planned diversions in the London area, like southeastern and gwr at Waterloo, for any of the other termini. Would like to catch some units on routes theyre not usually on!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hello all, just wondering whether there was any planned diversions in the London area, like southeastern and gwr at Waterloo, for any of the other termini. Would like to catch some units on routes theyre not usually on!

Nothing that I'm aware of! With the London Bridge and GWML upgrades complete! I don't think there's anything for the foreesable future.
The closest you've got is LNER via Lincoln, and EMT via Harringworth due to Grantham & Market Harborough blockades.

JN114

Established Member
Christmas this year GWR are diverting via Park Royal.

EDIT: following some digging it would appear this is not correct.

Last edited:

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Was due to be 2-hourly S Wales and Cornish services, but GWR website now showing them all terminating at Reading.

That's a pity as it would have provided an opportunity to travel over the Park Royal line before closure and after the last Paddington Chiltern line parliamentary service had run.

GW43125

Established Member
On 22nd December, SouthEastern are diverting their Ramsgate-London services after Ramsgate, calling Rochester then Strood before running fast via Dartford, Bexleyheath and Nunhead into Victoria.

TrainTube

On 22nd December, SouthEastern are diverting their Ramsgate-London services after Ramsgate, calling Rochester then Strood before running fast via Dartford, Bexleyheath and Nunhead into Victoria.
Is that going from London to Ramsgate aswell? that would be excellent!

GW43125

Established Member
Is that going from London to Ramsgate aswell? that would be excellent!

Yes they are, every hour. Just be aware though they are fast to Strood, before resuming the normal stopping pattern from Rochester (not Ramsgate as I seem to have put in my original post). Traction will be 375s of varying lengths.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Is there any work which will result in the chord between Balham and Mitcham Eastfields being used in the down direction imminent?

I know someone who would be interested as he needs the crossovers at the London end of Balham station.

Status
Not open for further replies.