• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Updates on communication

Which of the following options best represents your opinion?

• I would like to continue receiving these PMs

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • No opinion / have never received a PM

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • I do not like to receive these PMs

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I suspect that you wouldn't just get a "reason 23" type response; you would likely be given an actual reason for it along the lines of "…duplicate post" or “…that used to be the case but the rules were changed"

I don't know myself as I don't think I have had any posts deleted, but knowing some of the staff on here, they would give you an explanation.

Personally I can't see any reason why the information couldn't be made public, but obviously there may be reasons I have not thought of.

Reason 23 is 'Bad Language'. :p

If a post is deleted, you get an actual reason given, not just a number. The numbers are just there for us so we have them in an order grouped together in our pull down list. The reason's aren't 100% fixed either, if we find we are deleting a post and there isn't really an appropriate reason code, we will simply add it if we think we need to and it will probably come up again. As someone suspected, some codes get used a lot more than others! Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
Reason 23 is 'Bad Language'. :p

If a post is deleted, you get an actual reason given, not just a number. The numbers are just there for us so we have them in an order grouped together in our pull down list. The reason's aren't 100% fixed either, if we find we are deleting a post and there isn't really an appropriate reason code, we will simply add it if we think we need to and it will probably come up again. As someone suspected, some codes get used a lot more than others! Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Thanks for the *$%£ clarification. :p

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I think that a copy of the post should be included (maybe as a quote), and maybe it could be just a notification, not a PM? It can get a bit annoying, especially on a BlackBerry, when you have to trawl through eight-ten PMs (which can happen when posting in the Meets thread) to get to a PM you actually want...

theblackwatch

Established Member
I think that a copy of the post should be included (maybe as a quote), and maybe it could be just a notification, not a PM? It can get a bit annoying, especially on a BlackBerry, when you have to trawl through eight-ten PMs (which can happen when posting in the Meets thread) to get to a PM you actually want...

I'm pretty sure this was discussed some time back and it it is not possible to do this within the parameters of vBullletin.

wintonian

Established Member
It's confidential poll so members fell able voice their opinion if they don't want other peapole to know - I assume anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.