• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upgrading Oyster travelcard to 1st class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Quick question, can I upgrade my monthly Oyster travelcard at the station to a monthly 1st class and just pay the difference?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect that you may need to refund the Oyster Travelcard and then take out a monthly 1st Class season. It is not possible to excess Oyster products as they are standard class only.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You can't have a first class ticket on Oyster, so you'd have to switch to a paper ticket.

I don't know if a "changeover" could be done to a FC ticket, I'll leave that and the calculations to the experts!

You could certainly get a refund on the remaining validity of the ticket (less £10 admin fee) and a new FC monthly.

barrykas

Established Member
You can't have a first class ticket on Oyster, so you'd have to switch to a paper ticket.

I don't know if a "changeover" could be done to a FC ticket, I'll leave that and the calculations to the experts!

Theoretically it should be possible to do as a change-over, but it would need to be done at a station that can issue Oyster, as the original ticket has to be Unloaded from the card.

Unfortunately, FasTIS has yet to be updated to reflect the recent change to the change-over rules that permits them to be done with any season originally valid for a month or longer. And as FasTIS is the only "next generation TIS that can do Oyster IIRC...

Cheers,

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.