• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

US Pentagon to deliver a report on UFOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
I believe Voyager I also has records onboard should it come into contact with other intelligent life, which includes the likes of music and pictures of humans going about their day to day.
I think they are laser disks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
An interesting extension of this thread would ask forum members whether they believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere than Earth - and if so whether we will ever know about it.
I have 100% certainty that there has been or will be intelligent life elsewhere in the Milky Way - probably within a couple thousand light years. But the odds are somewhat stacked against two such intelligent civilisations both having the technology to detect each other at the same time. It's much more likely that they existed tens or hundreds of thousands of years ago, or will in the future.

So the most likely thing that will happen is that we'll detect the echoes of a long-dead civilisation or they'll detect the echoes of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.