• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Use of Gatwick Airport car park for season ticket holders during Brighton line disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I was speaking to someone recently and they said that season ticket holders on the affected Brighton / Lewes to Three Bridges line could apply for free car parking at Gatwick Airport during next week's works. (Saturday 16 Feb to Sunday 24 Feb).

However they had to apply by something like the 9 Feb. Now they said that their husband, who is a season ticket holder, never received such an e-mail. They also said rather cynicaly that perhaps they did this to save money. Say you have access to something when you don't because they don't tell everyone.

Does anyone know any more about this. I did a brief search on here but couldn't find a thread about this.

The BBC were saying, the other day, that people wouldn't get compensation. Of course delay repay applies to replacement buses, so if the traffic is bad at all, people will be able to claim that. I consider that a kind of compensation myself as I am expecting bus delays due to traffic.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I believe there is or was a limited number of spaces for staff and customers with annual parking permits. Do they just have a season ticket for travel or parking as well? If its just for travel they would not be eligible anyway. Its partly to replace the parking capacity at Three Bridges which has been closed to errect the temporary bus shelter anyway.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I believe there is or was a limited number of spaces for staff and customers with annual parking permits. Do they just have a season ticket for travel or parking as well? If its just for travel they would not be eligible anyway. Its partly to replace the parking capacity at Three Bridges which has been closed to errect the temporary bus shelter anyway.
That might be where the confusion has arisen. I don't know if they have a parking permit. I shall ask.

sarahj

Established Member
Wherever it is, does not sound close as there was mention of a bus to get you to Gatwick from the car park.

Iggy12a

The website just refers to season ticket holders being able to reserve parking at Gatwick. It does not specify annual ticket holders and it does not distinguish between train season ticket holders and parking season ticket holders.Screenshot_20190215-151641.png

hwl

Established Member
The website just refers to season ticket holders being able to reserve parking at Gatwick. It does not specify annual ticket holders and it does not distinguish between train season ticket holders and parking season ticket holders.View attachment 59209
2,800 spaces has got to be one of the long stay carparks hence the need for bus!

Status
Not open for further replies.