• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Use of supplements on the railway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevied

Hello all, not sure if this is the correct sub to post this question in, but here goes:

I've been hitting the gym for a few months now and I've hit a bit of a wall in terms of the weight I can lift. A friend of mine suggested taking creatine, but with me being safety crit (I'm a driver) I'm not sure if elevated creatine levels would cause me to fail a random/post urine test? I'd assume they only check for like cannabis, ecstacy and all that other bad stuff, but I'm really not sure. Does anyone know or have experience with taking additional supplements whilst training? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
Best thing to do is have a chat with your DSM and see whether what you want to take is on any lists. Best way mate, saves any problems further down the line.

Kevied

I'm in work tomorrow so I'll hopefully catch him. It occurs naturally in the body so I can't imagine it would be an issue, but there's no way I want to risk this job so, as always, best safe than sorry I guess! Cheers

johnlh

Creatine is naturally produced in the body. All it does is help the muscles produce more energy whilst lifting and draws water into them to make them look fuller. It litteraly has zero adverse affects and is not illegal anywhere in the world.

It certainly wouldn’t be checked for ina urine test. I’m not even sure such a test exists due to it not being illegal.

Stevec101

Hello all, not sure if this is the correct sub to post this question in, but here goes:

I've been hitting the gym for a few months now and I've hit a bit of a wall in terms of the weight I can lift. A friend of mine suggested taking creatine, but with me being safety crit (I'm a driver) I'm not sure if elevated creatine levels would cause me to fail a random/post urine test? I'd assume they only check for like cannabis, ecstacy and all that other bad stuff, but I'm really not sure. Does anyone know or have experience with taking additional supplements whilst training? Thanks
Been a driver 19yrs been taking protein creatine pre workout and testosterone boosters for years. If it's purchased over the counter in the UK you'll be fine. American pre workout and fat burners maybe borderline but very unlikely to cause a problem. You'll be absolutely fine. Cannabis and cocaine is basically what they're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.