• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Used my sisters expired railcard ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle158

Some very fine advice has been given above. I would add that IF this does come to court, be absolutely frank and hold your hands up. Perjury is triable on indictment only, which means a day out at Crown Court. Maximum sentence of 7 years. Not for one moment would l expect you to cop for that, but the stress and angst would be horrendous. Don't go there

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joy777

No - don't panic - you've done it now and I doubt it is a big deal. All you can do is wait and see what response you get as the next stage. Feel free to come back to the forum for further advice when you need it. In the mean time stay safe!
No, leave it now. If you weren’t asked then you have not lied, nor said anything that seeks to misrepresent the truth.

Hi all - just an update,

I received a letter from Greater Anglia saying that all available evidence had been submitted to their office to be considered for legal proceedings.
Ordinarily it is their policy to prosecute in all instances of fare evasions - however on this occasion an offer of settlement had been granted to me.
A settlement of £80.00 towards their costs incurred plus £11.25 of the fare avoided- so £91.25 in total.
I'm happy that I was able to settle this out of court, as any alternative would have been dreadful.

I just want to thank everyone who gave me advice and answered any questions I had - a special thanks to Brissle Girl and WesternLancer for giving me constructive help and reassuring me when I was scared, I really appreciate the time you guys took out of your day to help a stranger online.

All in all I am glad this is all sorted and have paid the fine - so the case has been closed.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi all - just an update,

I received a letter from Greater Anglia saying that all available evidence had been submitted to their office to be considered for legal proceedings.
Ordinarily it is their policy to prosecute in all instances of fare evasions - however on this occasion an offer of settlement had been granted to me.
A settlement of £80.00 towards their costs incurred plus £11.25 of the fare avoided- so £91.25 in total.
I'm happy that I was able to settle this out of court, as any alternative would have been dreadful.

I just want to thank everyone who gave me advice and answered any questions I had - a special thanks to Brissle Girl and WesternLancer for giving me constructive help and reassuring me when I was scared, I really appreciate the time you guys took out of your day to help a stranger online.

All in all I am glad this is all sorted and have paid the fine - so the case has been closed.
Excellent news Joy, pleased to hear it. I expect they are keen to get this settled whilst courts closed etc and that has helped in this case as it were. But it was also clear you had learned lessons here so that's important too. I think they have been reasonable in setting the level of the sum asked of you for what it's worth too. Keep safe and good luck for the future. Good of you to update the thread.

38Cto15E

Thanks for letting the board members know the outcome of your case joy777.

Brissle Girl

Established Member
Good news to hear it's been settled satisfactorily, and as noted, the amount seems very reasonable too. Thanks for letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.