• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Used sisters 11-15 zip card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtuk

Was there a specific reason you couldn't go into a branch and withdraw money (e.g. it's an online-only card)?

I don't exactly live in a rural area and the nearest bank of any description is at least three miles away from where I live. Six if you want a "branch" of my bank

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I don't exactly live in a rural area and the nearest bank of any description is at least three miles away from where I live. Six if you want a "branch" of my bank

But your circumstances don’t match the OP, who was travelling within London.

thedbdiboy

I hesitate to disagree with you, but the free travel for under 16s is only on buses. For late adopting NR routes (which this is) it's half the adult peak fare with a flat 75p off-peak fare.
Yup sorry, I was thinking of the 5-11 version. Child fares in London are hideously complicated......

Guest102

Hello, so I received a court summons today regarding my situation, I was wondering if anybody could help me or give me any advice, thank you

najaB

Veteran Member
Hello, so I received a court summons today regarding my situation, I was wondering if anybody could help me or give me any advice, thank you
What offence does it say you have been summonsed for?

Guest102

It says something about not paying for the fair and intent to avoid payment under the regulation of the railway act 1889

Guest102

The letter States that I can fill the form and plead guilty or I can appear in Bromley court on the 11th of October

najaB

Veteran Member
It says something about not paying for the fair and intent to avoid payment under the regulation of the railway act 1889
That isn't good news as the Regulation of Railways Act is the more serious of the two commonly used pieces of legislation. If you're found guilty then it will be shown in a DBS check for a year.

They have a pretty clear cut case if it does get to the magistrates, so it's definitely worth trying again to see if they'll accept an out of court settlement.

Brissle Girl

Established Member
Can the OP speak to the prosecutor outside the court before the hearing and negotiate a settlement?
They can certainly try that, but it should be regarded as a last resort, if previous attempts to encourage a settlement have failed. Not least because costs will only be increasing over time, and any settlement will reflect those costs.

Guest102

Would there be a point in paying a solicitor to try an attempt to write them letter and urge for out of court settlement ?

Brissle Girl

Established Member
I doubt it. It's not as if there is any dispute as to the facts or that you will be found guilty, so I don't see how a solicitor would add any value. Unless they can think up any mitigating circumstances that haven't been considered. If anything, I'd have thought a personal approach reiterating your remorse would come across better than a letter on headed paper from an anonymous firm of solicitors. That's just my view though, and I have no legal training.

najaB

Veteran Member
Would there be a point in paying a solicitor to try an attempt to write them letter and urge for out of court settlement ?
Only if in discussion with the solicitor some pertinent fact becomes apparent that hasn't yet been posted in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.