• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using Forum Semaphore Signals to mark forum as read on iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

On my laptop I can double click on the semaphore signal next to a forum subject to make the signal go down and then if I choose 'new posts' it excludes that subject, which I find very useful. However on my iPad I cannot seem to do this. Can anyone tell me if it is possible please. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
On my laptop I can double click on the semaphore signal next to a forum subject to make the signal go down and then if I choose 'new posts' it excludes that subject, which I find very useful. However on my iPad I cannot seem to do this. Can anyone tell me if it is possible please. Thanks.
I don't have an iPad to test this, but AIUI double clicking the semaphore is the same as choosing 'Mark forum as read' from the 'Forum tools' menu in the top right of the thread list.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
From what I can tell, it's sadly not possible to make use of a double tap feature on iOS simply because it thinks you're trying to zoom in - which is usually helpful.
As above, go to Forum tools at the top right of the tread list, you can manually select to mark those threads as read.

Barn

Established Member
On my laptop I can double click on the semaphore signal next to a forum subject to make the signal go down and then if I choose 'new posts' it excludes that subject, which I find very useful.

Well I have discovered something new today. Thank you!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Come on guys! This has been a feature for a while! KN1 you're excused you're new here but Barn and Kite159 you've been here for literally years! :lol:

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Come on guys! This has been a feature for a while! KN1 you're excused you're new here but Barn and Kite159 you've been here for literally years! :lol:

No-one ever told me either, and I'm a senior fares advisor :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.