• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using Rail Travel Vouchers (RTV's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Can I use RTVs to pay for...

1. A Northern Day ticket (NB: using a family and friends voucher my friend who works for Northern has given me that are issued to staff)?
2. a Sailrail ticket to Douglas IOM?

I am 100% certain I shall be buying the above 2 things. Now for these last 2, I will get them if I am able to use RTVs.

3. Rail & Sail to Continental Europe (Calais and Dutch Flyer)? and/or Eurostar through ticketing?

4. Through ticketing for Preserved Railways?

Finally, out of interest:

5. to renew a Disabled Persons Railcard by post (i.e. they'd have to be enclosed with the renewal form).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I was refused when attempting to pay for a Railcard using a voucher at Luton Airport Parkway station. The clerk had a good read of the small print on the back of the voucher and concluded that it could only be used for purchasing tickets.

RJ

Established Member
I was refused when attempting to pay for a Railcard using a voucher at Luton Airport Parkway station. The clerk had a good read of the small print on the back of the voucher and concluded that it could only be used for purchasing tickets.

That should not have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.