• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using the footbridge from Chafford Hundred to Lakeside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I haven't used Chafford Hundred for a good few years now so any help with this question would be much appreciated.

I was due to meet a friend for lunch at Lakeside but we've had a slight change of plans and we're going to eat somewhere else nearby. This is fine – I'm going to travel to Chafford as planned and she'll pick me up from there and has offered to drop me back.

However, I'd like to do some shopping at Lakeside on the way back before starting my journey home.

I really cannot remember – is it possible to access the pedestrian footbridge to the shopping centre without going through the barrier first? I don't think I've ever actually exited the station there – I've always just been going straight to/from Lakeside and the train – so I really cannot remember the arrangement there.

It might be fine for my friend to drop me straight back at Lakeside after we've eaten but I know that the car park gets very busy there on the weekend so I'm trying to find the best solution for all of us.

Thanks. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi - you don't need a ticket to access the pedestrian bridge.

Thanks, perfect. I feel slightly embarrassed at querying this. I just couldn't recall the layout at all. I had a quick look on the NRE website and I can see exactly how one can go straight into the subway for the bridge to Lakeside.

Status
Not open for further replies.