• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vaccine Passports/Permanent restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Insisting people use the NHS Track & Trace app is illegal according to the guidelines.

Venues such as pubs and restaurants must provide a paper based alternative.

As far as I am aware, it is only certain settings where Track & Trace is compulsory, and this does not include shops.
I know that. You know that. But if the security goons on the doors of Primark / Carphone Warehouse / TK Maxx etc etc haven’t been trained properly (or told to bar entry to app refuseniks), how are you going to get into their shop?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
Well that's what those petty minded bureaucrats would like to believe....

Unfortunately I think it will happen. There’s always been a proportion of people in this country who seem to love to interfere with others. This whole thing has simply given them a turbo boost in having the confidence to try it on.

It’s something we all need to do our best to try and stamp out.

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
Sounds like it to me as well
Like councils that have bought in rules on wearing masks in pub gardens

Pub-goers will be forced to wear masks in beer gardens in some parts of England as further lockdown restrictions are eased.

However, some landlords across the country have been told that they must ensure customers wear masks when they are walking around beer gardens, despite national guidance stating that face coverings are only required indoors.

The rule is being enforced by some “overzealous councils” who have set up enforcement teams to monitor beer gardens, the Telegraph reports.
Don't councils read medical advice being outdoors is very low risk no masks needed in this setting.

35B

Established Member
I know that. You know that. But if the security goons on the doors of Primark / Carphone Warehouse / TK Maxx etc etc haven’t been trained properly (or told to bar entry to app refuseniks), how are you going to get into their shop?
You won't. And as they are private premises, the store owners are at liberty to determine whom they will or will not grant entry to.

Meanwhile, the video linked to carefully misrepresents the legislation (it's not just Brighton and Hove) as though it is something new, not the updated version of the same regulation that has been in place since last summer, where the key change is that each individual must enter their details for for track and trace rather than just the "lead" visitor. Given that one of the key objections to lockdown measures is that they do not focus sufficiently on those who are infected, I'm surprised to see such a vehement reaction to measures that allow proper targeting of those who are or might be infected, so that the population as a whole can operate normally.

kez19

Established Member
You won't. And as they are private premises, the store owners are at liberty to determine whom they will or will not grant entry to.

Meanwhile, the video linked to carefully misrepresents the legislation (it's not just Brighton and Hove) as though it is something new, not the updated version of the same regulation that has been in place since last summer, where the key change is that each individual must enter their details for for track and trace rather than just the "lead" visitor. Given that one of the key objections to lockdown measures is that they do not focus sufficiently on those who are infected, I'm surprised to see such a vehement reaction to measures that allow proper targeting of those who are or might be infected, so that the population as a whole can operate normally.

Papers please... if no smartphone app I’m sorry but what year is this and are we living with Nazis here? Will we see Boris showing us an app he used recently in Cornwall to get into a cafe without a mask on? Oh dearie me we are indeed being played by the fiddler and the public are fools.

We may as well be chipped and pinned to walk into shops freely in society if this is the way to go but still it’s tinfoil hattery and all that

You’ll probably have a prepared excuse telling us he is exempt and that he is priority since he is PM etc, it’s all bull and the media are part of it.

Just add yes let ask everyone we don’t know if they are clean or unclean? I’m surprised why we just don’t ask the same things to junkies on the street high on drugs or meth but they’ll get protected from all this though eh? I see on here talk of 2-tier society I’ll go further a 3 tier where people on drugs will be given a free pass to continue as normal whilst those who didn’t or won’t have the vaccine be cast aside, the whole premise of this is disgusting and looking at it deeper why would we as society even think this but I guess if you are happy for this to happen then indeed shame on you but as I said before and will say again, rather than take for word what our politicians and media say maybe just maybe think for yourself and look at the bigger picture than the picture you are given? I doubt you’ll take my advice but I’m an open book but please do carry on believing what you are told

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
I'm surprised to see such a vehement reaction to measures that allow proper targeting of those who are or might be infected, so that the population as a whole can operate normally.

Referencing such measures in the same sentence as 'operate normally' doesn't work, sorry.

I'm seeing a similar reaction on Twitter from those who have been vaccinated. They came forward to get the vaccine with an expectation of something much more normal than producing papers for a simple shopping trip, why on earth did they bother? The goalposts move daily, it's disgusting.

I'm apparently due to be offered the vaccine next month and had increasingly become more positive towards having it as the original roadmap junctions approached, that goodwill is rapidly disappearing and i'm certain i'm not the only one.

kez19

Established Member
Referencing such measures in the same sentence as 'operate normally' doesn't work, sorry.

I'm seeing a similar reaction on Twitter from those who have been vaccinated. They came forward to get the vaccine with an expectation of something much more normal than producing papers for a simple shopping trip, why on earth did they bother? The goalposts move daily, it's disgusting.

In short people been played as fools, blame all ministers as well as our media for letting the public believe we be getting normal back when it’s clear to an extent it’s more about control but who knew!

ChrisC

Established Member
Insisting people use the NHS Track & Trace app is illegal, according to the guidelines.

Venues such as pubs and restaurants must provide a paper based alternative.

As far as I am aware, it is only certain settings where Track & Trace is compulsory, and this does not include shops.
It will certainly be a paper based alternative for me. The NHS Track & Trace still does not work on my iPhone 6. My phone still works perfectly ok for everything else that I need to do with it and so I am not paying around £700+ for a new up to date iPhone whilst my current phone is still working. I also have my vaccination card to show which will be updated middle next month when I receive my second dose.

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Yeah London does feel very much on the road to a 'normality mentality'. I visited friends there last weekend - the first lot we met as a group of 8 in the park, and the second lot we sat in their house for dinner. All very much illegal according to the powers that be but nobody batted an eyelid.

Parks were packed, mask usage seemed a lot less than when i was going in last in late 2020, and everybody seemed to ignore one way systems in shopping centres and stations, including the staff. If it wasn't for all non-essential businesses and hospitality being shut, it would have seemed pretty normal.

And my friends also said they wouldn't be voting for Khan.

Some parts of London are still on Covid mode, Bromley and Beckenham are one of them so I stopped going there, East Dulwich, Blackheath & Greenwich have been behaving normally I would definitely agree that London is by and large done with this now.

Khan won’t get a second term, if he does it’ll be too suspicious, most people I know are either voting for Brian Rose, Lawrence Fox or Piers Corbyn, the main parties aren’t getting a look in, it’s a similar sentiment I get from my friends in other cities; Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol etc

Ascotroyal

Well it looks like a ‘trial run’ of whether people and shops will comply with checks on entry is starting on Monday.
I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the letter referred to in this video.

It seems Brighton & Hove City Council have advised all businesses that they must ask all customers to use the NHS Track & Trace App to gain entry to their premises, from Monday 12th April. Fines will be issued to businesses found not to be complying with these requirements.

Going to be interesting when hoards of shoppers return to the likes of Primark, only to find this barrier to entry if you don’t have the app

I work at a Primark and havnt heard anything about us having to enforce this nonsense yet. No doubt in the next few days i will do so.

Last edited:

nedchester

Established Member
most people I know are either voting for Brian Rose, Lawrence Fox or Piers Corbyn, the main parties aren’t getting a look in, it’s a similar sentiment I get from my friends in other cities; Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol etc
You know some strange people.......

Bantamzen

Established Member
Like councils that have bought in rules on wearing masks in pub gardens

Don't councils read medical advice being outdoors is very low risk no masks needed in this setting.
This has to be the height of stupidity. What else would people be doing in a beer garden? Knitting?

NorthKent1989

Established Member

I think you’re going to find that a lot of business owners won’t be going along with the rules, the most they’ll do is a paper track and trace system, the majority of this country’s population is pretty much done with Covid now and are taking normality back themselves I write this in an opticians in London, zero social distancing, only some mask wearers.

Any businesses that continues with these draconian rules know the public will go to elsewhere to where there are fewer restrictions.

The goal posts keep changing on a day to day basis, get vaccinated to go abroad, but you now can’t go abroad as you’ll be fined, oh and masks and social distancing will continue, oh and the vaccine aren’t 100% effective so you’ll have another boost in the autumn because the immunity will require it.

It’s getting nonsensical

Why are they strange? Just because you don’t necessarily agree with their views, I could say that anyone who votes for Khan or Bailey is strange

nedchester

Established Member
Why are they strange? Just because you don’t necessarily agree with their views, I could say that anyone who votes for Khan or Bailey is strange
Rose is a dangerous conspiracy theorist, Fox is a nasty racist and Corbyn is just a nutter.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Rose is a dangerous conspiracy theorist, Fox is a nasty racist and Corbyn is just a nutter.
Khan could lose a lot of the votes he got last time and still win if the ‘anyone but Khan’ vote is split amongst too many other candidates!

NorthKent1989

Established Member

And our elected leaders aren’t racist, nutters and conspiracy theorists then?

How is Fox a racist? I’m a person of colour and I don’t see what he’s said that’s racist, that’s just a fashionable buzzword people use when they have no argument themselves.

Just think a year ago a passport to go into pubs and restaurants and other venues was a conspiracy theory, imagine that! Shock, horror! Corbyn and Rose are total nutters aren’t they!?

kez19

Established Member

Yet our politicians in power are even stranger.. who knew.

Why should you care if someone has a difference in opinion/mindset to be called "strange", I had that of a mindset possibly in my teens/20's, my mindset has changed, I question things than take for face value but still I guess in your mind it is indeed strange, I call it more of an individual awakening but still its good to see people dish it out than maybe for once look at the bigger picture but I guess the media is always right that these people who protest or this person thinks differently are strange.

Just to quote the X Files opening "the truth is out there" (oh indeed it is!)

That also tells you how much of a narrow mind you have, being spoon fed what you are told.

Still though fiction is becoming fact, i'll go to my local ASDA and buy more tinfoil.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
How is Fox a racist? I’m a person of colour and I don’t see what he’s said that’s racist, that’s just a fashionable buzzword people use when they have no argument themselves.

Some people seem to believe he is because he told everyone to boycott Sainsburys when they were promoting Black History month.

Laurence Fox is mainly guilty of being an utter knob, but that isn't an exclusive club when it comes to political candidates.

kez19

Established Member
And our elected leaders aren’t racist, nutters and conspiracy theorists then?

Just think a year ago a passport to go into pubs and restaurants and other venues was a conspiracy theory, imagine that! Shock, horror! Corbyn and Rose are total nutters aren’t they!?

Our elected leaders are wonderful remember, they can do no wrong! We must take their word over everyone else and that they tell us the truth all the time even in crisis, if people still continue to believe that then they are lost, politicians couldn't give a toss about the public its all about them and greed, still though they'll go to the media and chap your door and promise you the earth to then throw you under a bus but still people will believe out politicians are still great!

This has to be the height of stupidity. What else would people be doing in a beer garden? Knitting?

Still though you could say Boris was out in the open and didn't wear a mask or social distance but still joe public MUST abide by the rules, ah there is that old sentiment again, "one rule for us and one rule for them" but still once more public sweep under the carpet.

No wonder I am now of that believe (and stated on numerous threads) its no longer about a virus but control.

Last edited:

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Some people seem to believe he is because he told everyone to boycott Sainsburys when they were promoting Black History month.

Laurence Fox is mainly guilty of being an utter knob, but that isn't an exclusive club when it comes to political candidates.

I would say he’s unpolished in how he argues but he seems to have calmed down in recent times and is less confrontational.

Exactly, Boris Johnson has said things that are racist, i don’t see anyone complaining that he’s one though.

Our elected leaders are wonderful remember, they can do no wrong! We must take their word over everyone else and that they tell us the truth all the time even in crisis, if people still continue to believe that then they are lost, politicians couldn't give a toss about the public its all about them and greed, still though they'll go to the media and chap your door and promise you the earth to then throw you under a bus but still people will believe out politicians are still great!

Still though you could say Boris was out in the open and didn't wear a mask or social distance but still joe public MUST abide by the rules, ah there is that old sentiment again, "one rule for us and one rule for them" but still once more public sweep under the carpet.

Some people I guess like convenient falsehoods rather than uncomfortable truths, that’s partly why we are in this mess

kez19

Established Member
I would say he’s unpolished in how he argues but he seems to have calmed down in recent times and is less confrontational.

Exactly, Boris Johnson has said things that are racist, i don’t see anyone complaining that he’s one though.

Some people I guess like convenient falsehoods rather than uncomfortable truths, that’s partly why we are in this mess

The truth is people would rather live in a bubble and be told we'll keep you safe, the irony is has people themselves forgotten what their own individual mind did pre-COVID? Seems to me that part has walked and that people have to be guided by government on what to do/see, yet we can see our own politicians continuing life as normal (oh wait they aren't affected by this are they - no job losses let alone no pay cuts either!) but still public go under.

Dave91131

Yes it’s really winding me up to be honest. Petty little people making up petty little rules to try and justify their positions. They’ve never had so much power handed to them and they certainly won’t miss an opportunity to (ab)use it.

On a personal note, and I'm sure for many others too, these petty little people making up petty little rules are making me think "you know what, I just won't bother".

A group of us, including a chap in his 80's who until recently thought Internet was a shop in the city centre, were planning on meeting in a local restaurant during late May.

We have now decided not to do so as we simply cannot be doing with the hassle of one-way systems, masks on and off, probably having to listen to other customers going on about Covid safe etc, track and trace potentially putting 7-14 days wages on the line for most of us, the fact that the old chap doesn't even have a mobile phone let alone one that can scan a QR code etc.

We have decided to use the large rear garden of one of the group who will cook, and provide our own drinks. No one-way systems, no track and trace, none of the other ****.

Exactly what venues such as the restaurant (don't) need.

NorthKent1989

Established Member
On a personal note, and I'm sure for many others too, these petty little people making up petty little rules are making me think "you know what, I just won't bother".

A group of us, including a chap in his 80's who until recently thought Internet was a shop in the city centre, were planning on meeting in a local restaurant during late May.

We have now decided not to do so as we simply cannot be doing with the hassle of one-way systems, masks on and off, probably having to listen to other customers going on about Covid safe etc, track and trace potentially putting 7-14 days wages on the line for most of us, the fact that the old chap doesn't even have a mobile phone let alone one that can scan a QR code etc.

We have decided to use the large rear garden of one of the group who will cook, and provide our own drinks. No one-way systems, no track and trace, none of the other ****.

Exactly what venues such as the restaurant (don't) need.

And many others will have this approach too, go to people’s houses and have drinks and food there, or even pop up bars in outdoor areas during the spring and summer months.

Businesses will soon feel it hit their pockets and start to relax as they’ll need to survive.

Taunton

Established Member
It will certainly be a paper based alternative for me. The NHS Track & Trace still does not work on my iPhone 6. My phone still works perfectly ok for everything else that I need to do with it and so I am not paying around £700+ for a new up to date iPhone whilst my current phone is still working.
This mirrors what someone close to the Track & Trace development described to me, that most of the major technology companies involved had been extremely co-operative but the iPhone people just could not see it as anything other than a revenue opportunity. Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.

birchesgreen

Established Member
Khan won’t get a second term, if he does it’ll be too suspicious, most people I know are either voting for Brian Rose, Lawrence Fox or Piers Corbyn, the main parties aren’t getting a look in, it’s a similar sentiment I get from my friends in other cities; Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol etc
Do you know several million Londoners?

Bantamzen

Established Member
The truth is people would rather live in a bubble and be told we'll keep you safe, the irony is has people themselves forgotten what their own individual mind did pre-COVID? Seems to me that part has walked and that people have to be guided by government on what to do/see, yet we can see our own politicians continuing life as normal (oh wait they aren't affected by this are they - no job losses let alone no pay cuts either!) but still public go under.
Sadly I am starting to think you are right about this. Clearly some people much prefer to have all responsibility taken away from them in return for "feeling safe". Even if that "safe" means handing over more & more of their rights. The consolation is knowing that the universe is a very dangerous place, and one medium sized rock could blow their safety bubbles in atoms.

kez19

Established Member
Sadly I am starting to think you are right about this. Clearly some people much prefer to have all responsibility taken away from them in return for "feeling safe". Even if that "safe" means handing over more & more of their rights. The consolation is knowing that the universe is a very dangerous place, and one medium sized rock could blow their safety bubbles in atoms.

As I said previously, might not be specific to this thread but just to re-iterate, I was all for lockdown 1, had a dose of COVID and have had my 2 doses of vaccine, however the cynical in me and which is probably right, is the continuing of goalposting. They themselves (politicians/media) claimed that being vaccinated was a way out or "normal", the vaccines for now seem to be a success but still its negative. We must now think of Vax passports to get back to "normal", whats next once thats implemented? Will the government step in to control your internet/shopping/places to visit/see? (my mistake that already is happening but will they give it a further upgrade to 2.0 in the future - papers/app please before stepping out of Zone 1 but still its fiction as we are to believe but who knows soon?) How far are they trying to push the public here?

I'm no theorist, I just question things but the constant negativity/goalposts as well as politicians becoming thick (or clever with this) its beyond a joke, but if people are happy for government to look into their lives then surely WE as the public should know ALL their details too - surely thats fair game?

I am also far from being interested in politics but even the scenario this has played out in the devolved nation approach has to be one of the worst decisions to have been made including the UK approach but again its all a competition though on who wore it best?!

bramling

Veteran Member

There are people who love it. They are quite happy to trade away elements of life in return for not having to think, not having to travel to work, being protected from “dirty” other people, etc.

Many of these people are probably the types who didn’t do much before anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.