• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vaccine side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inversnecky

Has anyone has any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Had mine on Tuesday, left me feeling pretty exhausted, been in bed almost all day since.

Side effects supposed to clear in 48 hours, fingers crossed!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hardcastle

Had mine a fortnight ago felt like tired woke up the following morning shoulder blades really aching eased off the following morning after that seemed as normal.

ChrisC

Established Member
Ok for first 3 days then a few days of feeling cold. I couldn’t get warm even with the heating turned up. I didn’t feel unwell in any way but just couldn’t keep warm.

Had my first one Saturday, late morning. Absoloutely fine for 12 hours.....

.... then woke up at 2330 shaking uncontrollably / violently, also freezing cold and unable to warm up at all. I also developed a splitting headache from 0500ish

The following day I basically felt like I had mild flu - hot / cold / ached all over.

That night (Sunday) I got a good sleep, and the only thing I’ve had since is a sore arm (which is gradually improving and now only noticeable if I press it).

Whistler40145

Established Member
I had my first COVID19 vaccination two weeks ago and had symptoms of violent headaches, dizziness and feeling sick

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
Maybe people who had no side-effects shall not bother posting here, they might be the great majority, who knows?

Does anyone have recent experience of other inoculations for influenza and the like, what about side-effects after?

ExRes

Established Member
I had mine last saturday, slight shakes that night as I've had in the past with a couple of flu jabs but then after almost exactly 48 hours I developed quite severe abdominal pains which lasted for just over 18 hours, I'm quite happy for a repeat when I have the booster if it helps bring all this chaos to an end. Oddly enough my wife, who is/was high risk due to respiratory problems and allergies, had absolutely no reaction to hers whatsoever

stephens

Flu jab in January - no side effects whatsoever.

Covid jab on Tuesday - side effects of sore arm, mild headache, tiredness, aching body for 24 hours. Better today after good night's sleep.

birchesgreen

Established Member
Maybe people who had no side-effects shall not bother posting here, they might be the great majority, who knows?

Does anyone have recent experience of other inoculations for influenza and the like, what about side-effects after?
My mum had Pfizer back in January and had no side effects. Her two siblings (also in their 80s) were also fine.

My boss though had to take a couple of days off work.

kristiang85

Established Member
My other half had her's a few weeks back; absolutely nothing at all. Not even an ache in the arm.

Yet her colleagues who had it at the same time all reported very sore arms; one even needed a sling in work the next day it was that bad. All had Pfizer.

Nobody reported any fevers though. Albeit I expect there will be a lot more reports of side effects after the second jabs, as the immune system will be kicking in a lot quicker and a lot more dramatically.

jmh59

Both our kids had the AZ - one was sick and ill for a day, the other had to take a day off work (which is very much unlike him). Both are in their 20's. I had the Pfizer (I'm 61) and had an achy arm the next day similar to and worse than the flu jab.

Inversnecky

I’m starting to feel a bit better today, thank heavens, still very tired and groggy. Arm still a bit sore, but nothing visible. It was the AstraZeneca I had.

LAX54

Established Member
Had mine a fortnight ago felt like tired woke up the following morning shoulder blades really aching eased off the following morning after that seemed as normal.
same here, after 24 hours all fine :)

RuralRambler

My wife and I had ours together a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us had any symptoms at all. Yes, the upper arm was very slightly sore if you leaned on it (just like most other vaccinations really), but neither of us had anything else. We were actually both surprised as we'd expected a bad night at least, but no, nothing.

kristiang85

Established Member
Is there a danger of this thread putting people off taking the vaccine when offered

Well I will also say for balance:

Common side effects of e.g. fever, are generally a good sign as it shows your immune system is working.

Sore arms are common with many jabs.

peters

On Moderation
One of my relatives who works as a care worker had to take the day off work after receiving a 1st dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine but was well enough to return the following day. My mum (retired) didn't have any side effects from the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

southern442

Established Member
Is there a danger of this thread putting people off taking the vaccine when offered
I think we can assume that it was made in good faith, perhaps to reassure OP that they weren't the only one with side-effects. And like others have mentioned, jabs of this kind always have some side effects when the immune system fights against it.

I doubt many people on here will want to spread fear as it seems as though we are all keen to get out of lockdown and get all this over with and this is our main way out!

Non Multi

My mother received the AZ vaccine and had a mild red skin rash, quickly went away thankfully.

ChrisC

Established Member
Except for feeling cold for a few days I had no other side effects. Not even a sore or aching arm. In fact I couldn’t even see where I had the jab.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It will help people make an informed decision, knowing the sorts of side effects that they're most likely to experience.

Typhoon

Established Member
I (age 70) had AZ last Saturday, alright to begin with but not felt great for a couple of days, listless. Last week I spoke to a woman who had Covid in January; if that is what it is like two months later, I will put up with listless. She looked and sounded awful!

Inversnecky

I would sincerely hope not, a day or two of tiredness or discomfort is but nothing compared to dying of COVID.

As someone mentioned, it was just to look for reassurance.

Bantamzen

Established Member
No, why would there be? I would think most people on here can make their own minds up. I'd rather know about possible side effects (which by the way you are told about before the jab) than be surprised.

packermac

I had the AZ vaccine at 1730. By 0130 I had all but one of the common (1 in 10 may experience) side effects. But within 24 hours all gone apart from feeling the jab site if I turned over in bed too quick, funnily enough it is 3 weeks tomorrow & that can still happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.