• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vale of Rheidol Aberystwyth Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

talerddig

The Vale or Rheidol history book by Peter Johnson is due out with Pen & Sword on 30th April. The fact that the book will be well stocked at the VOR shop is more than a coincidence.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
All being well, I'll be travelling on the railway on Tuesday … looking forward to it!

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
It's not the railway there, but it's the railway getting there that's the problem!!

Two sets of blockages, between Newport and Hereford and then between Machynlleth and Dovey Junction have forced the cancellation of my trip to Mid Wales!

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
It's not the railway there, but it's the railway getting there that's the problem!!

Two sets of blockages, between Newport and Hereford and then between Machynlleth and Dovey Junction have forced the cancellation of my trip to Mid Wales!

I sympathise - but can you (assuming you are South Wales) , not try the alternative route via Carmarthen and what looks like a decent , hourly bus to Aber ?)

For nostalgia , being South West Wales born , am planning that , and looking forward to the bus run - and yes , I will have to pay for it ....

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I haven't ignored your comment, but having been away, I haven't had access to the site.

Yes, I agree, the route that you suggest might have been an alternative …. had it not been badly affected by the weather as well! An alternative would have seen me going up through the Central Wales Line, but it would have taken me something like 16 hours, with a break somewhere (I can't remember where!) of around nine hours overnight … so I passed on that!

As I said, I did go somewhere (Oxford, as it happens) but Aberystwyth is still on the list for another day.

Com166

Did it last year on a warm February 3days but used T4 to Llandrindod then X47 return on T1s direct to Cardiff. Very enjoyable.

Bobdogs

I sympathise - but can you (assuming you are South Wales) , not try the alternative route via Carmarthen and what looks like a decent , hourly bus to Aber ?)

For nostalgia , being South West Wales born , am planning that , and looking forward to the bus run - and yes , I will have to pay for it ....
If you are thinking of taking the T1, I suggest you take a decent cushion and ear plugs to supress the constant bangs and rattles.
Bon voyage.

Status
Not open for further replies.