Valid route for season ticket?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Immby, 30 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immby

Immby Member

First post, despite being long-time reader. I have a season ticket for Abergavenny to London terminals and want to travel to Bristol Temple Meads tomorrow. I tried the route guide and think the season ticket would be valid for this journey but wondered if anyone could confirm?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. LexyBoy

LexyBoy Established Member Fares Advisor

Yes, no problem.

Easier than the NRG and generally correct is to check on National Rail Enquiries, inputting a via point. If shown as valid on one ticket, it's a permitted route (subject to route restrictions on your season).

More recently, if you click "other tickets" on an itinerary, you can view "other valid routes" (doesn't work if you've specified a via point). It's a bit shaky at the moment but a step in the right direction. This shows you're valid via Bristol Parkway or Temple Meads, or via Hereford and Birmingham down into Euston, or via Hereford and Oxford. It misses out the valid route via Bristol and Salisbury to Waterloo, and I think there are others that should be allowed but haven't time to check the NRG now.

3. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum :)

The route Abergavenny - Newport - Bristol Temple Meads - London Paddington is permitted, and of course you can make unlimited intermediate journeys on a Season ticket, starting/finishing short as you wish :)

4. Immby

Immby Member

Thanks everyone for your welcome and help. Off out for a day trip now:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.