• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Valid route for season ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immby

First post, despite being long-time reader. I have a season ticket for Abergavenny to London terminals and want to travel to Bristol Temple Meads tomorrow. I tried the route guide and think the season ticket would be valid for this journey but wondered if anyone could confirm?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, no problem.

Easier than the NRG and generally correct is to check on National Rail Enquiries, inputting a via point. If shown as valid on one ticket, it's a permitted route (subject to route restrictions on your season).

More recently, if you click "other tickets" on an itinerary, you can view "other valid routes" (doesn't work if you've specified a via point). It's a bit shaky at the moment but a step in the right direction. This shows you're valid via Bristol Parkway or Temple Meads, or via Hereford and Birmingham down into Euston, or via Hereford and Oxford. It misses out the valid route via Bristol and Salisbury to Waterloo, and I think there are others that should be allowed but haven't time to check the NRG now.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum :)

The route Abergavenny - Newport - Bristol Temple Meads - London Paddington is permitted, and of course you can make unlimited intermediate journeys on a Season ticket, starting/finishing short as you wish :)

Immby

Thanks everyone for your welcome and help. Off out for a day trip now:D

Status
Not open for further replies.