Would an LNER Advance from Kings Cross to Inverness be valid to travel on a later Scotrail service ( from EDB to INV ) if the former was cancelled ? I'm off to Inverness on Monday and due to the rain and wind the Highland Chieftain may not run. If the ECML is partially blocked I may have to travel via WCML ( if Avanti allow ). Do LNER have procedures in place which would allow me to travel on a Scotrail service from either Glasgow or Edinburgh ? I understand that this would all depend very much on the consequences of the weather and TOC co-operation but in the past have LNER passengers due to board at Edinburgh been authorized to take the next available Scotrail ? Obviously they cannot wait for the next LNER which would be in 24hrs time.