• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Validity of London Terminals [EUS] - Coventry [COV] Y-P SVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

calc7

Established Member
Two questions:
  • What is the validity code for this ticket - is it valid for BOJ outbound?
  • Assuming the answer is YES, and it is used to travel on a peak-time Virgin service, is BOJ at Milton Keynes Central [MKC] allowed? The (somewhat undocumented) easement says something along the lines of "not applicable for travel between London Euston and MKC" but doesn't give explicit guidance for this situation, and the only problem you would have is at the gateline at MKC.

Any input appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
EUS-COV SVR Routed Any Permitted is restriction 9I, no BoJ restrictions.

The second part I can't help you with, but I think you could have trouble as you are travelling between Euston and MKC. I would expect that Off Peak tickets from north of MKC could be cheaper than Anytimes from MKC, so there is an incentive to prevent them being used for BoJ in this way. Remember that Virgin are under no obligation to allow Railcard holders to use Off Peak tickets at all times, so it's unwise to push it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.