• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Validity of routes for onwards connections (NXEC Advance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo

I have an NXEC advance ticket for Leeds - Brighton. When I booked the ticket the NXEC website told me to take the tube across london to Victoria and then get a Southern train from there to Brighton. Being a Londoner who regularly travels both routes (to Leeds and Brighton), I naturally know that it is far easier to just walk across the road to St Pancras and take a Thameslink train from there.

I'm pretty certain that this will be a valid route (as the ticket merely says "plus connections" and it is an obvious, reasonable route), but where can one actually get this kind of information from?

Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The routeing guide determines the route you can take.

You are only confined to the specific NXEC train; it is impossible to confine you to a specific underground train or national rail train beyond St Pancras as they do not carry reservations.

If an RPI checks your ticket, he/she will have no way of knowing what your 'suggested' service is anyway as there is no coupon for it as it is unreservable.

paul1609

Established Member
With the availability of Advance Tickets on Southern their services are actually technically reservable. Tube to Victoria and a fast Southern Service will be shown because it will be much quicker than via Thameslink. No one is likely to question the validity of your ticket that is just not done south of the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.