• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vauxhall Diesels-Good or Bad?

Vauxhall Diesels-Good or Bad?

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno

• Just as good as petrol cars, I suppose

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
My dad's just come home with a fairly new Vauxhall Diesel, and I'm kinda stuck as whether to like it or not. It looks lovely, though I'm kinda in for the petrol cars.

Ps. Don't forget to post the reason for your opinion.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Muppet

Hi

my dad works for mazda.

diseals cars are not much differnt from a Petrol apart from the lack in acelleration and they are cleaner for they enviroment

Craig

Established Member
My dad has an Astra estate which is diesel. He's not had any major problems with it, but it's a company car so it gets serviced regurlarly.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I plan on buying a vauxhall corsa, anyone know if diesel models are much good?

Tomnick

Established Member
We've got two diesel Renaults now - I've not had much experience of petrol cars, but I think diesels in general take a lot of beating!

Well my dad has a Vectra that weighs 298476532957869832 Tons. That does 35 to the gallon on a 1.8 petrol :shock:

Hi I drive a 2 litre vauxhall astra tdi

GM diesel engine.

No problems yet ~*touches woood*

Its fast had a 120mph out of it so far, not willing to try to go faster, im risking it as it is

I average about 52mpg.

TheSlash

Established Member
Best i've had out of work's transist is 85 and i think it's been restricted since then as it was struggling to do 70 the other day.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Hi Gang!!

The only good diesel is a turbo-diesel.

Someone said they don't accelerate, but believe me they do. They don't make many bhp, but there's heaps of torque and they don't need revving. It takes a little while to adjust to a slightly different driving style to get the very best out of one performance wise, but I was outdragging all manner of vehicles when I had a 90bhp Golf TDi.

As for Vauxhalls, I'm not their greatest fan.

one TN

Chris

I recently got a 1.4 HDI (Diesel) Citroen C3 after writing off my 1.8 Renault Laguna (Petrol). The difference in fuel economy is amazing with the diesel (between 500 and 600 miles per tank!) apparently the combined economy is 67mpg, and the torque is so good the accelaration in the smaller car feels the same as the Laguna. So I would recommend a diesel as long as it has a good quality engine. The emmisions can be important for Road tax too eg. Laguna about £170 per year, the C3 about £85!

Gareth Hale

Our Vauxhall Senator (which we used to have), Did 20MPG and it was a Petrol.

Why not get a Smart ForTwo, Petrol and 59.8MPG :D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Chris said:
I recently got a 1.4 HDI (Diesel) Citroen C3 after writing off my 1.8 Renault Laguna (Petrol). The difference in fuel economy is amazing with the diesel (between 500 and 600 miles per tank!) apparently the combined economy is 67mpg, and the torque is so good the accelaration in the smaller car feels the same as the Laguna. So I would recommend a diesel as long as it has a good quality engine. The emmisions can be important for Road tax too eg. Laguna about £170 per year, the C3 about £85!

seems the higher price of diesel compared to petrol is worth it then lol!

Sprog

Established Member
My family have always gone with deisels, but generally, we go for Citreons not Vauxhalls :!: :)

bloogrape

Rhys said:
Hi

my dad works for mazda.

diseals cars are not much differnt from a Petrol apart from the lack in acelleration and they are cleaner for they enviroment

UNTRUE

The mercedes C320 CDI SE has a much smaller engine than the petral C AMG yet has the same Acceleration Torgue which in theory makes it as quick although the 0-60 bollox isnt the same the torgue makes it as quick if not quicker due to weight of the classes!

Diesels also was designed for power not speed, so when it comes to hauling or pulling power diesel it is. most certinaly the petral cars was better years ago but in todays world diesel are the same if not better for the world today (lower emission, cheaper fuel)

However... i dont wanna own a diesel because in some time i feel the engine wears out and sounds like a transit van again lol!

jdjonnay

Boring drive, but bulletproof. My old man is a vauxhall technician, so all our cars are vauxhalls. At the minute we've got an astra 1.6i and a Corsa C 1.0i - I've got the use of either when I pass my test for winter use (bike for summer).

TheSlash

Established Member
I forgot to say, i was let loose in a Belingo thing the other day {shunting vans between depots}. I dunno what the engine size was, i know it was diesel and i know it took off when i put my foot down. Held the road well aswell what do you mean was i leading the Eastleigh pway 500? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.