• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(Very) Quick Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
Just 1 photo taken while I've been taking the "Flying Banana" around the country....

66243 at Alcan Works, Ashington

Click the image to see it full size

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Just 1 photo taken while I've been taking the "Flying Banana" around the country....

66243 at Alcan Works, Ashington

Click the image to see it full size

Oh a 66, what flying banana? the train or that truck?

Respite

They have a very nice lawn there,unusual for a rail yard...........must be a PC green type of thing.

Havent seen PCA's around for years,thought they gone, anyway nice pic even if it is a shed. :)

David

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't call it a yard though, as it is only 2 sidings. I take my camera with me in the van so I can take photos whenever possible, but for whatever reason(s), most places I go to won't allow me to take any photos.

Craig

Established Member
Is that Lynemouth? Interesting shot, you don't see many photos taken inside the compound.

David

Established Member
Is that Lynemouth? Interesting shot, you don't see many photos taken inside the compound.

It was the Aluminium works just outside Ashington. The arrow points to the approx location of my van when I took the photo. I'm surprised they let me take the photo to be honest, as usually they are quite strict on what you can and can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.