• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victa Westlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Clagalot

I heard yesterday that Victa Westlink have gone under, and that DRS has bought 47832 and the Pullman rake, as well as probably now getting the 66s that were ordered for the Stobart traffic.
Not sure how true it is, as Ive not seen it mentioned anywhere!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jord

I heard that they finished with the Freight work, but was going to stay with Railtour operations etc but obviously not. . .

theblackwatch

Established Member
I heard that they finished with the Freight work, but was going to stay with Railtour operations etc but obviously not. . .

VWR's final railtour ran on November 17th - other trips booked with them have been picked up by DRS, EWS, Advenza (the NENTA tomorrow) or in some cases cancelled. I gather their operating licence expires tomorrow.

paul1609

Established Member
Westbury property group who were the West in Victa Westlink merged with Stobart Group. As a result of the merger it was decided that all rail freight would be handled by DRS under the stobart rail brand. Unfortunately several of the volunteers at the KESR are now sorting out their redundancy terms.

southy39

If you read Issue 111 of Railway herald it is reported that 47832 has been bought by Mainline Rail(ECT/Nemesis/Fragonset) and is on hire to VWR and id assume DRS till December 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.