• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria ASC resignalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yabbadabba

I thought York ROC will signal from west hampsterd northwards

That will be Derby ROC not York ROC, I believe that Weat Hamstead panels 2 and most if not all of panel 3 are moving to TBROC and Weat Hamstead panel 4 and what's ever is left of panel 3 will move to Derby ROC depending on what version of the plan we are working to this week. lol :lol:

Current version of the plan has nothing moving from TBASC to TBROC for as many as 15 years yet, then the word on the street (remember huggy bear lol) as TBASC panels 1a, 1c and 1b moving because of East Croydon / Windmill Bridge Junction work plus TMS works, panel 3 moving because of Redhill platform 0 work, panel 4 moving because of Gatwick Re-locking makes its easier plus the new Thameslink Depot oh and panel 7 moving because of the new Thameslink sidings at Horsham. All or none of this could be correct.

So on to VASC, which apart from Streatham interlocking migrating from VASC to TBROC and the working up of moving panel 4 at VASC god knows what version that place is on at the moment as regards to migrating.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John1975

I note that the lines between Balham and Selhurst/Streatham are closed over the Bank Holiday. Is the new signalling being commissioned?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I note that the lines between Balham and Selhurst/Streatham are closed over the Bank Holiday. Is the new signalling being commissioned?

According to this NR piece, yes it is:

As part of our Railway Upgrade Plan, we’re modernising signalling on the railway between Balham and Norbury, out to Mitcham Eastfields and Haydons Road stations. The project, which replaces outdated 1980s signalling with 58 new signals, began in 2014...

...This May Day bank holiday sees the complete replacement of signalling between Balham and Streatham, with all new signals switched on and control moved to the Railway Operating Centre in Three Bridges, Sussex.
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/news/2016/apr/may-day-spotlight-streatham-resignalling/

Last edited:

carriageline

Established Member
Yep, next Tuesday the Streatham workstation at TBROC goes live, complete with axle counters and (if memory serves) POSA signals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset route

That would explain why were projects looking at our fringe panel with interest, once they were pointed in the right direction. Let's hope this time as well as the new panel mods the budget goes as far as including a direct telephone line to the Streatham Workstaion to replace the one to VASC panel 2b unlike the missing one we have to TBROC 3b workstation when LBASC panel 8 shutdown. As

Class377/5

Established Member
Yep, next Tuesday the Streatham workstation at TBROC goes live, complete with axle counters and (if memory serves) POSA signals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would Streatham panel have POSA as it's not HCI? Don't believe (happy to be corrected on this) other panels transferring got POSA's either.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Why would Streatham panel have POSA as it's not HCI? Don't believe (happy to be corrected on this) other panels transferring got POSA's either.

In the group standard and guidance notes it seems that POSAs can be installed anywhere on the network if they'll be beneficial in the event of certain types of signal failure.

I'm not trying to second guess whether or not the Streatham area needs them, but they are not limited to a route such as Thameslink's HCI area.

Didn't they come into use on the TfL section of the ELL before the T/L core had them made operational anyway?

carriageline

Established Member

Doesn't have to be HCI (the original scheme plans for Lewes resig had POSAs planned)

Fairly sure they was on there when I had a go on the simulator, can't remember as that was a while ago now.

Class377/5

Established Member
Doesn't have to be HCI (the original scheme plans for Lewes resig had POSAs planned)

Fairly sure they was on there when I had a go on the simulator, can't remember as that was a while ago now.

I got my briefing pack now. Will have a nosey and see what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.