• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria line disruption this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plcd1

The Victoria line has had an oddly poor 72 or so hours this week due to 'signalling system faults' repeated with the entire line suspended at one point last night.

What is going on?

Based on remarks elsewhere it seems there have been track problems including a broken rail. The signalling system crashed and then a software upgrade also failed (that was this morning). I am pleased that I no longer have to commute on it given the recent issues although to be fair it generally runs well.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I’ve not heard anything about any upgrades failing. The signal system failed just before close of traffic on Thursday night however trains were still moving on the ground, because this problem could not be sorted the staff moved to the backup control room before start of traffic Friday. During engineering hours a broken rail was discovered and there were Green Park during the AM peak.

Just after 1am on Friday night so the Night Tube Service was suspended to allow systems to be rebooted and to staff to go back to the normal control room. The system then failed again yesterday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.