• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria Wood dies aged 62 from cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Oh no what a shame she was an amazing comedian RIP

backontrack

Established Member
So that's David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Ronnie Corbett, Frank Kelly, Johan Cruyff, George Martin, Terry Wogan, Paul Daniels, and now Victoria Wood... who next?

To be honest, such statements sensationalise things. We should talk about Victoria Wood for now. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-T-bkNSEDk

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
So that's David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Ronnie Corbett, Frank Kelly, George Martin, Terry Wogan (I never really liked him but still a shame), Paul Daniels (same applies), and now Victoria Wood... who next?

To be honest, such statements sensationalise things. We should talk about Victoria Wood for now. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-T-bkNSEDk

I don't know, the apparent purge on celebrities has been a talking point this year. But yes, this thread is primarily for the discussion of Victoria Wood.

She was of course a great comedian (I don't agree with gender specific terms in English as they aren't linguistically required outside of personal pronouns) and I have many happy memories of almost peeing myself watching her on TV. Controversy alert, but I do wonder if her gender resulted in her not getting the credit she deserved during her lifetime. She was often rated as one of the country's top female comedians but the truth is she was one of the funniest comedians, full stop.

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
RIP Victoria Wood.

Another great comic lost. 62 is no age these days.

I was watching her Great Railway Journeys only a couple of weeks ago as it happens.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
not really my kind of humour being a bit gentle, soft and non confrontational but the observation of everyday human characters and presentation of them on the screen was superb.

62 is younger than my parents. That is no age these days as they say.

pemma

Veteran Member
It seems Victoria Wood had terminal cancer for 6 months but didn't want it to be made public. Terry Wogan and David Bowie did similar which is probably partly why there's been so many shock celebrity deaths, as no one was expecting their deaths to be announced in the first part of 2016.

backontrack

Established Member
It seems Victoria Wood had terminal cancer for 6 months but didn't want it to be made public. Terry Wogan and David Bowie did similar which is probably partly why there's been so many shock celebrity deaths, as no one was expecting their deaths to be announced in the first part of 2016.

The same applies with Alan Rickman. It didn't seem like it was true at the time, just some kind of hoax.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
It's a sad loss. She brought a lot to the world of comedy, both in writing and performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.