• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video 125 and 225 studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can someone tell me if theres any differences between the DEV videos that these companies produce. I heard that 225 studios produces pure cabride with no deviations from the cab, but can someone confirm.

Im planning to buy the CENTRAL LINE IN ESSEX. Complete journey on the Hainault Loop and the Epping Branch to aid construction of the BVE Ongar branch as the Video 125's DEV has scenery edits- huge chunks of the line had been deleted discreetly :confused:!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Video 225 is sometimes said better quality than Video 125, I haven't got any of their DEVs but they cut out the tunnels from what I've heard and also the cameramen speak to the drivers...

EDIT: Video 225 filmed the Central after Ongar Branch closure IIRC.

Tom B

Established Member
From what I've heard 225 provide a basic product, a video of a cab ride. Whereas 125 produce a cab ride, but with external shots, commentary etc. 125 do have the advantage of "professional" production and commentary but if you're just after coverage then I presume 225 will do you fine.

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Video 225 is sometimes said better quality than Video 125, I haven't got any of their DEVs but they cut out the tunnels from what I've heard and also the cameramen speak to the drivers...

I borrowed one of the 225 studios Central Line DEVs a while back. They have visibly cut out vast sections of tunnel in the central London sections, but the outdoor sections are shown in their entirety IIRC. From a BVE route development perspective, I would say 225 studios' productions would prove more helpful.

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
I borrowed one of the 225 studios Central Line DEVs a while back. They have visibly cut out vast sections of tunnel in the central London sections, but the outdoor sections are shown in their entirety IIRC. From a BVE route development perspective, I would say 225 studios' productions would prove more helpful.
Yes, comparing these products-
Return to Brighton- 225 Studios- You get to hear all the noise, AWS bing
Brighton Speed Run- Video 125- Keep filming the driver,Film the train from outside, Film train leaving and arriving at Stations (You get to see joea1 at Purley taking a photo of the train!)

The running time is 73 minutes for both the Hainault Loop and the Epping Branch. How likely are they gonna show the whole route? (as Im not sure about the running time because half of the Hainult loop on Video 125 don't show it *thinks* What a rip off- half of the Central line aint shown :angry2: )

I got 225 videos of a cab ride on the DLR.
The windows in the front were dirty and you could always seen people in the background, whenever the train turned a corner the camera did not move with it so you were left staring over the sides of the track. There was no commentary or nothing which is really helpful sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.