• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video interveiw any tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right chuffed to bits finally after months of trying for a rail job. i have been put through for a video interveiw with east coast it for a station support role in newcastle. i need to do it by the 3rd of november. any tips for preperation and what to expect. bearing in mind its my first interveiw for 0ver 20 years.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi falcon sorry took a while to get back to you been busy at work.

Basically I recieved an email from east coast inviting me to an automated video interview, word of warning it normally coems into your junk box so be very careful when sorting it out. they inform you that you will recieve a couple of emails from Sonru who do the interveiws on there behalf, here you will get your logon details etc. you will then do a diagnostics check with sonru to check your line speed,web cam and sound once this is complete you can start doing practice interviews. this will comprise of 2 questions that you can practice and watch back you can do this as many times as you like and the questions do change. once you are happy then you can start your proper interview it is timed, normally you get 1 min to read the question and prepare for you answer (this is not recorded) once you are happy you can record your answer and move onto the next question (2 mins to answer the recorded question). my interview consisted of 7 questions and i had 27 mins to answer them. to be honest it seemed that i went a lot quicker than 27 mins. once you have finished you get 2 mins to put over any final comments etc then the interview is saved. do not leave until you get the interview saved message on you screen other wise you will have to do the whole interview again from the beginning. the pre reading is pretty good on how to set up and actions to take if you loose connectivity. Personally i found it a bit unnerving as i was'nt talking to a person face to face, but with the amount of applicants i suppose its good for time constraints. hope that helped.

falcon

It just gets sillier and sillier trying to just get a simple job.How much worse can it get with assessment, telephone interviews now video interviews.Crazy!:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.