• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video interview EMR trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB0161

Hi guys,

A good friend of mine recently applied for the trainee driver role based at Liverpool for EMR.

They have contacted him via email today stating that they would like to know more about him with a video interview. What seems different however is the interview isn’t live. It appears that he gets a question and then records his own answers and submits these answers to them by the 25th.

Has anyone experienced this before. Can you practice your answers until you’re happy effectively like an answer phone message or once you select the question does it record your answer and then there is no way to change it afterwards?

If anyone can shed any light it would be much appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JH9

Hi there :)

From previous experience doing video-interviews (non-railway jobs), it could be either unfortunately!

I think its quite common for it to be a one-shot type thing so they get your natural reaction, but hopefully someone who has been through it with EMR can shed more light :)

Also may I suggested moving this question to the existing thread about this job? I imagine people who have applied are watching it and its nice to have everything in one place :)

DB0161

Hi there :)

From previous experience doing video-interviews (non-railway jobs), it could be either unfortunately!

I think its quite common for it to be a one-shot type thing so they get your natural reaction, but hopefully someone who has been through it with EMR can shed more light :)

Also may I suggested moving this question to the existing thread about this job? I imagine people who have applied are watching it and its nice to have everything in one place :)

Hi thanks for the reply not sure how to move the question to that thread but more than happy for it to be moved there

Craigy1976

Hi I also know someone who received the same opportunity of the video interview. Unfortunately they are in the same boat of not knowing weather it’s a one chance thing or not

It may very well be different for drivers but when I had a video interview with EMR for a Train Manager job it was one shot.

This was pre-Covid by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.