• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Video quality help

What should the Videos be?

• Low Res and Small download size

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hi all. I need help with my Central Line videos. I can do 2 things. High Res and Big download size or Low Res and Small download size. Please view via links below. Both are WMV format. This video is over 2 mins long so its quite big, others will be 30 secs - 2.5 mins, so 12 MB is maximum.

High Res Video, 10 MB approx -

http://bveheights.uk.to/East Acton to White City High Res.wmv

Low Res Video, 4 MB approx -

http://bveheights.uk.to/East Acton to White City Low Res.wmv

Thanks, David :mrgreen:

EDIT: Thanks to all who "polled" and gave comments. I have decided to go with a med - high res, download sizes are between 3 and 7 MB, depending on the length of the video.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
I would go for High Res although it will take longer to download the quality is far better than the low res.

Dave A

Thanks. Just thought though :x 10 MB x (at least) 25 videos, 250 MB :shock: Maybe a medium Res or a higher on the longer videos and a med on the shorter?

Angus

Definitely higher res for me. It's better to have to download a big file but be able to watch the video than a smaller download but the quality's so low it's pretty much useless.

Dave A

I know! If they had sounds :roll: I can put some backround music in :D

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
As long as the background music isn't unsuitable IMO.

I have an Idea, CRAZY FROG! Ring ding ding ding, na, ne, na, na, (Gunshots in backround!) :D

Seriously: I can't think of any and I can't be bothered to edit them for a third time. They'll have to do.

T

Tom

If you want 'uber' high quality, you could always pay for hosting from us (and then you can get good speeds too :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.