• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Video] - Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Hello gang!

I've been on Youtube for a while now and decided to be a director a few weeks back, so last night I thought I'd try and see if I can upload a video longer than 10mins. But with no success I'm turning to the forum to see what could be the issue? Because when you're a director you could upload longer videos? Is this actually true?

Any help?

Tom.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gavelex

I have ben wondering about this too, this is one of the reasons I am thinking of switching to Google Video, you dont have the file size limits eather, one thing with Google Video is that you dont get yur own page to link to. I see you are linking to a page where it is a search of your username where the flaw is if someone puts your username as a tag there video will come up.

class 313

Established Member
Well Google Vids and YouTube are owned by the same company, so I dont get why Google Vids doesn't have the "Profile" kind of style like YouTube has...

Gavelex

Well Google Vids and YouTube are owned by the same company, so I dont get why Google Vids doesn't have the "Profile" kind of style like YouTube has...

exactilley what I was thinking.....

you could always make a webpage with all your google and youtube vids embeded

T

Tom

Google Videos and Youtube are a totally different "brand". Remember YouTube was started separately, and the creators of it still develop it.

class 313

Established Member
Hmmm,

Under "Director" It doesnt state you can upload longer the videos than 10 mins... So how the hell can you?

T

Tom

I'm a "director" on YouTube. On the upload page, it shows this, should clarify things...

youtube.PNG

You have to contact YouTube to upload larger/longer than that.

David

Established Member
Because 2 members can't stop throwing handbags at each other, this topic is now locked....

Status
Not open for further replies.