• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

videos for sale - Updated now and again with more videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
a few more DEVs I have here used second hand, not used often) as I am having a cleafr-out, I feel selling videos on here is better than Ebay as they never sell no matter if I re-list them.

Most of the videos have been used once, and only selling simply as either ive watched it too many times, or personally dont find it interesting (others might, different opinions)

Video 1
HST West: Exeter - Plymouth

The South Devon Railway from Exeter to Plymouth is steeped in history. This is a fascinating view of the ex G.W.R line taken from the cab of a 43 HST Intercity.
We see virtually the whole of Brunel's route from Exeter St Davids down alongside the sea at Dawlish and Teignmouth - Newton Abbot.
From there we head inland to Totnes and the Dart Valley Railway, through Ivybridge on the very edge of Dartmoor, past Laira Depot and into Plymouth itself.
Finally we cross brunel's magnificent Royal Albert Bridge to Saltash - all from the cab!

As if that wasn't enough there are numerous helicopter and trackside shots of the Swallow livery HST set (exept the power car which is black/yellow) against beautiful backdrops.
Last, but not least, we stopen-route at places of railway interest such as Starcross pumping house - for Brunel's ill-fated "Atmospheric" railway.

Producer: Video 125
Filmed: Roughly 1985/86
Running Time: 85 mins
Format VHS

£7.00 (bought for £19.95 new)

Video 2
Round the Clock: Bath Road Depot

On Friday 26th May, Bristol Bath Road diesel depot officially closed its doors, bringing to an end of over 30 years operation as one of the Western Region's most famous modern traction sheds.
This video captures two days and one night in the life of Bath Road during its last days of full working, when the depot had responsibility for the maintenance and repair of Cross Country, Great Western, RES and EPS locomotives.
The staff are captured at work, round the clock, in an hour-by-hour account of the depots varied and fascinating activities.

Some higlights of the video include:

-Traction motor blower removal from newly-refurbished 37604 - filmed from the overhead crane!
-HST power unit lift on InterCity Great Western Power Car 43016
-Fitters working against the clock to service the 'Big Red Engines' as they come off the mail trains
-Depot engineer 'John Cameron' explains how the loco repairs are tracked and how loco pool performance is monitored
-Among the RES and XC locos are Trainsrail 37407 and an RFD 47 wich call in for atrtention
-47818 is lifted for a thorough underframe examination
-The depot turntable in action with a 43 and 47
-Trip in the cab for a cabride of 47774 for a rare view of the trackwork through the confines of the depot and onto the turntable
-and much more action included!

Producer: Locomaster Profiles
Filmed: 1995
Running Time: 60 mins
Format VHS

£7.00 (bought for £14.95 new)

Video 3
Cab ride: Deltic..Western...Whistler!Wired for sound!

This is a cab-ride video with a difference. Not only does it feature THREE cab rides on board THREE most excellent class locomotives - each on three different preserved lines 'wired for sound', it also captures the audio power and atmosphere of the locos hard at work.

This video features a trio of popular machines - 55015 "TULYAR" running on the Midland Railway Centre, D1062 WESTERN COURIER on the SVR and 40145 thrashing up the ELR between Bury and Rawtenstall.

The Western and the Whistler are heard from the rear cab, whilst the Deltic was recorded in the most desirable place - inside the engine room!

Producer: Locomaster Profiles
Filmed: 1994
Running Time: 60 mins
Format VHS

£7.00 (bought for £14.95 new)

Anyone interested in these tapes, please PM me quoting the video number (video 1, 2 and/or 3)

I accept postal orders and Paypal, and all prices include P&P

Cheers,
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

heart-of-wessex, sorry if I missed it... are they VHS or DVD?

Jim

Established Member
I will have to pull me fathers leg as I want 1 & 2. May even be able to afford em meself

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Video 1 is left for sale

vid 2 + 3 sold

EDIT: this thread will be held to post more videos I have (I out3 up for time reasons, couldnt miss Eastenders!)

just saves posts and posts and posts

Status
Not open for further replies.