• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(Vienna) Wien FLughafen (Airport) - Alser Straße

Status
Not open for further replies.

headshot119

Established Member
Firstly I've stuck with the German names for places as I'm never sure what places are called in English. I don't usually struggle with train travel in Europe but this one has got me a bit stumped.

I need to travel from Wien Flughafen - Alser Straße (U6) or Wien Flughafen - Hernals (S45) I'll be travelling with a laptop bag, and one small wheeled case.

Any advice on what route would be best? I'm not too bothered about how long it takes, but would prefer cheaper options.

I know you can get CAT from the Flughfaen to Mitte Landstraße but it seems fairly pricey at €12 single it seems pricey (Gat ex anyone :lol:), and on top of that I'd need a zone 1 single.

Any advice greatly received.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

k-c-p

Cheapest option would be using the S7. Trains run every 30min. A ticket to Vienna City Centre is 4,40€ and includes a transfer to the Underground.

The homepage of the transportation authority (https://www.vor.at) proposes the following route:
S7 to "Wien Handelskai", Change to U6 to "Alser Straße". Trip takes about 45min.

Status
Not open for further replies.