• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

View from my office window

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

293201205_bc0dc8a535.jpg

Am I a lucky chap, or what?

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Very nice. Dean Street?

A bit better than the view from my office - warehouse units across the road and Elswick over the river. Can't complain though, my last office didn't have an window :lol:

Dennis

Established Member
From my lab window, I can see the east end of Westbury station...an endless diet of 59's carting the Mendips away and (mostly EWS) 66's plus FGW units, HST's and Adelantes.

Bit more variety this week though, DRS 37's on the test train (:salute: ) and a Freightliner 57.

Respite

Wow thats a great view you got there...............still prefer the view from my 'office' window though.:thumblef:

Coxster

Established Member
Nowhere near as spectacular as that, eezypeazy, but here's Dad's taken from the train (his window is where the van is). He actually took a saw to the very edge of his work bench as it was ever so slightly too big originally ;)

GhostCav: Can we see more pics of your various office windows please? ;)

DadsWorkFromTheTrain.jpg

Respite

Coxster your dads got a nice view there as well,I take it he took the saw to the workbench for a better view then;)

As for any new views from my 'office' window(s),well I've been on the heart of wales line last few days & in the evening so no chance for any photo's lately. Got heart of wales with a crewe manchester piccadilly & back tagged on the backend of the turn most of next week. So hopefully may find something of interest up manchester way ,although I usually get routed to the stop block end of platform 3 or 4 with a TP 185 dropped down infront of me.

Just noticed I forgot to post my fav 'office' window pic in my previous post,its only one off my photopic site but is the one that sums up best how nice some of my routes through wales are.
DSC00044.jpg

Jim

Established Member
Coxster your dads got a nice view there as well,I take it he took the saw to the workbench for a better view then;)

As for any new views from my 'office' window(s),well I've been on the heart of wales line last few days & in the evening so no chance for any photo's lately. Got heart of wales with a crewe manchester piccadilly & back tagged on the backend of the turn most of next week. So hopefully may find something of interest up manchester way ,although I usually get routed to the stop block end of platform 3 or 4 with a TP 185 dropped down infront of me.

Just noticed I forgot to post my fav 'office' window pic in my previous post,its only one off my photopic site but is the one that sums up best how nice some of my routes through wales are.
DSC00044.jpg
You should of given it a quick windscreen wash first;)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You have a pretty good view of the Hull-Scarborough line from my school as it runs right beside the end of the field. From the astroturfs you can also see Botanic Depot (right next to it!) and the Hull-Selby line.

Sadly it is only ever units that go past but its better than nothing I guess :)

Jim

Established Member
Jim the unit was 158820,anyone who's knows/seen/heard about this one knows you don't touch anything you dont have to on it! :tongue9: :tard: :toothy10:
Fair Enough

Out of interst, how many FGW/WSX componants does it have in it?

Respite

Fair Enough

Out of interst, how many FGW/WSX componants does it have in it?

Doulbt it's got any FGW/WSX stuff left on it as mostly bits fall off it on a regular basis!:thumbup: Can't recall off hand but it might be one of the ex wessex ones that are not fitted with one shot sanders & have the old style light selector switch.

Boxcars

Nowhere near as spectacular as that, eezypeazy, but here's Dad's taken from the train (his window is where the van is). He actually took a saw to the very edge of his work bench as it was ever so slightly too big originally ;)

I think I would have been tempted to take the saw to the lineside vegetation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.