• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vine of two train carriages being joined together and one dumb employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevconnor

I have searched and cannot see if this has been posted already. From Facebook a vine has been posted of two rail carriages being joined. looks eastern European but from comments on the page it maybe German

https://www.facebook.com/1771272896430465/videos/1997141563843596/

I cannot decide if this man in brave or stupid, heaven knows if that happened over here the ORR & HSE would have a field day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That approach is usual in Germany - the "UIC square" provides a safe (ish) space to stand to do it. But the video shows the downside if things go wrong...

Phil.

Established Member
I have searched and cannot see if this has been posted already. From Facebook a vine has been posted of two rail carriages being joined. looks eastern European but from comments on the page it maybe German

https://www.facebook.com/1771272896430465/videos/1997141563843596/

I cannot decide if this man in brave or stupid, heaven knows if that happened over here the ORR & HSE would have a field day.

"...a vine has been posted..."
What's a vine - apart from what grapes grow on?

Last edited:

kevconnor

Ostensibly a short video. Whilst it's original meaning was a short 6 second clip set on loop it has become a rather more ubiquitous term to any videos shared on social media

Phil.

Established Member
I'm getting old. I cannot see why a short video clip isn't called a short video clip.

MCR247

Established Member
Well it is because the social media app that they were filmed on is called vine. 'Short video clips' isnt a very catchy name for an app now is it?

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Except this one wasn't done on Vine and would be too long to be on Vine

Harbornite

Established Member
In one respect he was quite lucky, this is why we have health and safety. As for the country it was filmed in, I would also say it's Germany because of the Railion and VW-branded wagons.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
That reminds me of a clip I saw once, think it might have been an Australian train where the person gets trapped. It seems crazy that any train company would allow their staff to do that

NSEFAN

Established Member
theageofthetra said:
Seen that Aussie one. Still makes me cringe.
Yes, standing between vehicles during shunting moves is an incredibly stupid thing to do. The chap in the video linked to here is quite lucky that he didn't come to any harm.

OT, but to me a Vine is a short video posted on the social network Vine. I've never heard a video on any other social network, or anywhere else online, referred to as a vine. And I've worked in "Social Media" (ugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.